We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Recommendations

Saint Paul...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Resort Recommendations

Hello,

I am looking at heading to Cozumel for the first time. Looking for resort recommendations. I have never been anywhere is Mexico, so I am not entirely sure what I want in a resort. I'd prefer a nice facility, decent beach, and a spa on site. All inclusive would be great too. Adult only would be even better.

Thanks for any suggestion!!

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Recommendations

I think there is only one adult only hotel in Cozumel. I may be wrong. the only one I can think of is Sabor if it is still adult only.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Recommendations

Unsure what you consider nice. I spend very little time at resort in cozumel . I am either diving or intown. I have stayed at hotel coz and blue angel. Hotel coz is AI- the food is ok, but the AI there is only 20 bucks a day extra so it is worth it to me. Blue angel is a bare bones dive resort and isn't AI. Both these resorts have rocky shorelines great for snorkeling. The hotels with nice beaches are more north. Well hope you have a good time-warning coz is addictive.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,917 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Recommendations

The southern hotels have nice beaches too....actually better than up north. Iberostar and maybe the Wyndham (or whatever it is called now) have some ironshore issues.

Edited: 22 May 2012, 21:21
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
76 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Recommendations

Which resorts have nice beaches?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
966 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort Recommendations

I would suggest Aura. AI ( not buffet, order anything you want), adult only, nice beach, spa services next door at Sabor. We went there for our first trip to Cozumel last October and loved it!

If you are looking to relax and have quiet, this is the place. Sabor is next to it and has more of a party vibe.We are not into that so we didn't even go over there to eat.

ft worth
Level Contributor
977 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort Recommendations

not sure of your budget but have to agree with IM2Goofy..Aura is a upscale adults only..if you are on a budget then choose Sabor..Sabor is all adult only until july 1..after that only certain sections will remain adults only...only adult only options on the island..cheers!

Edited: 23 May 2012, 00:13
ft worth
Level Contributor
977 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort Recommendations

dancer..both aura and Sabor have nice beaches..however i will add that some of the shore line is still rocky..the further south the less rocks..however the less rocks the lack of snorkeling..depends on what is important to you

Aurora, IN
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort Recommendations

The Aura has already been suggested. We have stayed there two times and I think it meets the things you are looking for. AI, adults only, beach is good (does have some rocky shore line), can snorkel from beach, small and quiet..has everything you need for a relaxing vacation.

Ft.Worth Tx
Level Contributor
429 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort Recommendations

Going to Cozumel when stateside schools are in session eliminates a lot of kids issues. So if you are willing to risk it, then most of the resorts will be mostly kid free.

10. Re: Resort Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:41