We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Password to connect to internet at the Iberoster Cozumel?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warren,Michigan
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Password to connect to internet at the Iberoster Cozumel?

Im sure I could email the resort and get an answer to this question but I usually get a response from here faster..do I have to get a password to connect to the free wi-fi in the lobby or by the pool? Thanks,Loubelle

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Password to connect to internet at the Iberoster Cozumel?

I'm perplexed.

How would knowing this in advance make a difference?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Password to connect to internet at the Iberoster Cozumel?

that is perplexing...unless someone is technically challenged and wants to get detailed instructions in advance ...

Warren,Michigan
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Password to connect to internet at the Iberoster Cozumel?

Because I just got a Kindle Fire and Im not real sure how to use it and I just wanted to cover everything so I can send and recieve messages to my kids.Thanks for your concern.L.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
357 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Password to connect to internet at the Iberoster Cozumel?

Um, it's not free. That's why you need a password.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Password to connect to internet at the Iberoster Cozumel?

It's probably much simpler to set up the gadget when it's within range of the signal (here's a signal / connect to it? / what's the password?) than it is to try that in advance (too many steps to even mention).

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Password to connect to internet at the Iberoster Cozumel?

VP you pretty much have it right. Any wireless enabled device should work the same. Search for a signal. Click on the one you want to connect to. Add password if/when asked.

No need to know the password ahead of time. And as far as paying for it? I cant believe an AI Resort in 2012 would charge for internet. Thats just crazy.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Password to connect to internet at the Iberoster Cozumel?

I cant believe an AI Resort in 2012 would charge for internet. Thats just crazy.

--------

Was that sarcasm?

The Allegro still charges a fortune for wifi. Hell, 'nice' hotels here in Canada still charge! You can get free parking and wifi at a Best Western, but not at a high-end place.

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Password to connect to internet at the Iberoster Cozumel?

No it is not sarcasm at all.

That is just crazy. So let me get this straight.

Casa Mexicana, a non-AI hotel that I have booked for $54 per night can include wifi in the room rate but a $200 per night AI can't?

Sounds stupid but I would stay somewhere else.

Heck I get free wifi at Venatanas al Mar.

Edited: 29 May 2012, 21:40
okc
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Password to connect to internet at the Iberoster Cozumel?

Some hotels are the same way with their phones. I have stayed at motel 6 and got free local calls and then stayed at a 5 star hotel and local calls were .50 cents. never could figure that out.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Password to connect to internet at the Iberoster Cozumel?

Ineedasol, High end hotels are the absolute worst for WiFi charges. In fact, I find the more expensive the hotel, the more they are likely to charge. Many U.S. hotels -- Marriott, Westin, Hyatt, Radisson, charge $15 per 24 hours (or any part of 24 hours) for WiFi. That's why I love my iPad. I can use 3G for $15 for a month's worth of service.

My husband is in Amsterdam right now and his hotel there provides free WiFi AND free phone calls to the States (or anywhere). He's at a tiny little no-chain hotel. No way the big boys are providing that. Of course they all could....it costs practically nothing over the Internet.

Many of the private condos in CZM have free WiFi and free phone calls to anywhere in North America.