We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tucan sailing 6/23/12

New Orleans area
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Tucan sailing 6/23/12

Excited about the Tucan excursion on 6/23/12. We are on Carnival Elation and because of the excursion hours, the trip will need to be shortened somewhat from the usual 6 hours - this is fine with us. I googled Tucan sailing cozumel and read about it. I first learned about it on this Forum and it sounds awesome. Hope the trip "makes" because the minimum for a sailing trip is 6.

Michigan
Level Contributor
869 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tucan sailing 6/23/12

If Dan Libbert does not come through with finding his own guests and making the potential guests fill the boat, you can always contact Kim at www.cozumelboattrips.com.

I tried to go on the Tucan too and received the same criteria....if I could fill the boat, I had a trip. If not I could wait until the next time I could afford to go to Cozumel. It was either that or pay the full price myself for a boatload of guests. Seems the Tucan can wait for guests to handle the administration and marketing for the Tucan and I am there on a vacation. I make my plans months ahead of time and the sailboat ride was a birthday gift to my husband. Kim and Dario were most accomodating. I loved the ride.

New Orleans area
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tucan sailing 6/23/12

Thanks-will definitely check it out!

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tucan sailing 6/23/12

Hi there neverstops. I've done both the Tucan and the Adelaide and while I enjoyed both, I did like the Tucan more. Karen is really good for trying to get enough people together to do a trip. Spread the word on Cruise Critic, see what happens there.

Good luck and enjoy!

New Orleans area
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tucan sailing 6/23/12

Thanks and I did post on Cruise Critic as well.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tucan sailing 6/23/12

We have been on the Tucan many times.. some were private trips we arranged and got our own group together and some we just showed up at the last minute and got on.

One trip we made the reservation and put the deposit down and when we got there the other peeps did not show up... the boat went out with just 5 of us... how sweet was that!

I know Dan and Karen (his wife) do their best to fill the boat.. hope you get to go neverstops!

We did the Tucan sunset sail a couple of weeks ago.. I was a little freaked out because the wind was fairly strong out of the N/NE (unusual for this time of the year) but Dan told me they had Dramamine on the boat (never took it before) so I got some (and passed it out to the other 10 peeps LOL) and was fine.. can't wait to Tucan again in a month :-)

New Orleans area
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tucan sailing 6/23/12

Thanks, everyone, for the good input. So excited!! :)

7. Re: Tucan sailing 6/23/12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 15:16