We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel Mega store?

Warren,Michigan
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Cozumel Mega store?

Is there is a Mega store in Cozumel? I think I read that some place.Hoping to leave a lot at home and just purchase it there.Thanks.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel Mega store?

Yes there is a mega on the main street just south of main square. Also chedrau further south.

Edited: 01 June 2012, 21:34
Texas
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel Mega store?

Yes, down by Melgar and Calle 11. It's our favorite store. They have almost EVERYTHING. Even motos for sale.

Sounds like you need a MapChick map. It would be the best ten dollars you spend on your vacation.

Warren,Michigan
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel Mega store?

Thank you very much.

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
295 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel Mega store?

You can make your purchases in US and ask for change in Pesos. They post the rate they use as you enter the store.The rate posted last month was better than the banks.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel Mega store?

Please know you might be paying quite a bit more on the island for sundries: sunscreen, bug spray etc.

Texas
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel Mega store?

Mega is a great store...it's like a Walmart center and a huge Groc. store combined. Groc. and ATM's upstairs. Last week ATM at Mega had better rate than any bank. The main sg. is Calle 1 sur(south) Mega as someone else posted is at Calle 11 sur. And they are MEGA blocks....nice senic hike though.Taxi's waiting to take you home with goods.

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel Mega store?

Mega is great, we packed carry on only ang got what we needed there.

Cozumel
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozumel Mega store?

We have 7 major stores here. Chedraui ( over all the lowest in price ) Mega, Soriana,.San Francisco, Sams Clud, Bodega Aurella (arffilated with Sams)and AKI (similar to Sams but no card is Necessary.

Mega has good Steaks. Chedraui has a lot of products from the US

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,804 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cozumel Mega store?

I prefer Mega also. My friends say Chedraui is cheaper but I much prefer the cleaner more spacious Mega store. As mentioned , Walmart operated stores consist of Bodega Aurrera and Sams. AKI is part of the San Franciso chain which has been in Cozumel for many years.

For anyone interested, I ran across this post with nice photos of Mega in Cozumel.

http://cozumelmexico.net/Mega_supermarket/

Baytown, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
670 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cozumel Mega store?

Yes as well as a sams and walmart