We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assistance with specific restaurants

St. Louis
Level Contributor
341 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Assistance with specific restaurants

*I have been a part of trip advisor for awhile now so I know how to search and have done that, so please no use search feature comments*

Staying at Iberostar (I normally stay at Blue Angel but my wife is coming this time and she does not dive). It is all inclusive and it is our fist AI. But I am looking for a small list of places to eat just to get away.

I have found my breakfast spots, and one or two other places just for dinner. But I need help with the following:

Anniversary Dinner - Is there a place, that is a little more upscale, but has good food. Kind of a going out and getting dressed up dinner. If you have been to Cabo, I would compare what I am looking for to Lorenzo's. Any ideas?

Seafood/Lobster - I have seen some recommendations for Albino's and Alberto's for lobster. So one of them might be the place we go. Looking for excellent seafood and/or lobster. Price is not a problem.

I think that is it :)

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Assistance with specific restaurants

For an anniversary dinner I would love either Kinta or Casa Mission. Again one of the best lobster I had was at Casa Mission but I know others here have other places they get it too.

Hope you added Del Museo for breakfast - the view can't be beat while the town wakes up.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Assistance with specific restaurants

I would suggest Buccanos for the special dinner.. Check them out on Facebook "Buccanos at Night"..

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Assistance with specific restaurants

Looks like a nice place Links - I'll have to give that a try in September myself ! Putting it on the short list.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,278 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Assistance with specific restaurants

I would recommend La Cocay for the anniversary dinner. Very nice place for a special occasion. I consider it Cozumels best. Your choice of an air conditioned dining room or outdoor terrace dining . A Fodors Choice restaurant for the past two years.

http://www.lacocay.com/

I second the Museum as a great breakfast choice.

Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
935 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Assistance with specific restaurants

Another vote for La Cocay

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Assistance with specific restaurants

Buccano's would be a great spot for a special dinner. FYI only open for dinner on Friday and Saturday nights, 6p-11p

Depending on the time of year you are going and the weather, it could be fabulous to dine with that ocean view, or it could be chilly and windy. If chilly and windy, then I would say Kinta, Kondesa, Le Chef or Al Pie del Carbon.

New York
Level Contributor
198 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Assistance with specific restaurants

Casa Mission has fabulous Coconut shrimp & other seafood, lobster included. Atmosphere is great & food is excellent; prices also very reasonable.

Southeastern...
Level Contributor
851 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Assistance with specific restaurants

I like Kondessa for that special occasion. Love the food and the ambiance.

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Assistance with specific restaurants

Another vote for Kinta. Casual garden atmosphere....upscale food/presentation.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Assistance with specific restaurants

I vote for Buccano's for the anniversary. Its magical. I love Kinta and Kondesa, but they are not as romantic. I've had many a special birthday at LaCoCay - but I think the food has slipped in quality just a bit. If the weather is perfect....go to Bucacano's. If the weather is iffy, go to LaCoCay or Kinta. I know many love Casa Mission, but I think the food is a little Americanized-Mexican.