We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special Police Training

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,550 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Special Police Training

It is being reported that soon some members of Cozumels police force will receive SWAT training by an instructor from the USA. Apparently the instructor , who dives on Cozumel, offered his services at no charge to Cozumel. The city will pay only his expenses. Really, a very nice gesture of goodwill from this St. Louis officer. Here is a link to one of several atricles, in spanish, with a photo of the officer and Cozumel officers.

www.poresto.net/ver_nota.php…

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special Police Training

I would like it to be known...I can offer instruction on warehouse management, forklift training, etc. for any business on Coz...FREE OF CHARGE. All I ask in return is for my expenses to be covered. And a few days of free diving. Let me know.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,550 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special Police Training

Hope you get lots of offers, UD.

Ruston, LA
Level Contributor
668 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special Police Training

The SWAT commander use to live across the street from our house. In the evenings a unit with it's lights on would stop by the house and pick him up. This was a few years ago.

Might be good to see if the local academy need a part time FBI/POST trained firearms instructor. I could see me coming in the Cozumel airport with a dozen blaze orange full size training handguns in my luggage.

"Sir, why do you have these?"

In my best North Louisiana redneck,"It's for work."

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special Police Training

yeah, just what Cozumel needs, a SWAT team. Geesh.

5. Re: Special Police Training

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:42