We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting a car

Katy, Texas
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
renting a car

I will have a large group (14) going to cozumel, we thought about renting a van but we have no experience renting a car i have heard horror stories about renting. Any advice?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,488 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: renting a car

Not sure what vans are available but you might need two. How often will you use them? There are taxi vans available.

Southeastern...
Level Contributor
858 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: renting a car

If you rent a car or van and are not properly insured that could be a problem as would not knowing the roads and traffic patterns in downtown San Miguel. Other then that it is a piece of cake as I have rented many of vehicle in Cozumel and have had no problems.

Edited: 11 June 2012, 11:55
okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: renting a car

You can rent taxi vans for the day and have them take you around the island for the day. With that many people that may be your best bet. I would try to get a set price for the day before you leave to avoid any problems later.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,488 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: renting a car

Here is a previous post about van rental

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150809-i66-k16187…

5. Re: renting a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 02:15