We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bank of America ATM fees

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bank of America ATM fees

Does Bank of America still have their agreement with Banco Santander? I.E no ATm fees? Also are their any other fees associated with using Santander that you may see even if you do not have an atm fee. Can't remember if there are foreign transaction fees for using an ATM machine.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bank of America ATM fees

We didn't have any fees three weeks ago and got a good exchange rate.

Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bank of America ATM fees

Thanks. Always get confused with all the different fees. No there were no out of network fees no international transaction fees. Now I have to see if I can get an account with a atm card in time for my trip in 10 days.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bank of America ATM fees

If you get your ATM card on time for your trip, don't forget to change your pin to numbers only to be able to use it outside of the US.

Capital One CC is the only credit card that I know that does not charge international transaction fees. Other ones charge but do not disclose it on your statement!

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bank of America ATM fees

Don't know about the PIN number changing. My BOA card works in both MX and the USA with the same PIN. No fees when making withdrawals at Santander ATM's in Cozumel, which dispense pesos only.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bank of America ATM fees

Yep, BoA is fee free at Santander ATMs but they will slap you with huge fees for a debit transaction so stick to cash.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bank of America ATM fees

As usual, I plan to pay with Pesos on my upcoming trip to Coz, but this will be my first time there while using BofA.

Where are the Santander ATMs on the island ?

A thread from several years ago said there was one at the airport. Is that still the case?

Is the bank on the main square a Santander branch, and does it have an outside ATM?

Thanks to those who respond.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bank of America ATM fees

Sorry about re-activating this older thread.

After I did, I found a more recent one that give the Santander ATM locations :

tripadvisor.com/…39630240

8. Re: Bank of America ATM fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 00:47