We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go to Cancun from Cozumel,in limited cruise time

istanbul
Level Contributor
22 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
How to go to Cancun from Cozumel,in limited cruise time

My cruise will stop in cozumel for 8 hours, Can we manage to go to Cancun in that limited time.

And if you think we can, can you describe the way to do that.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to go to Cancun from Cozumel,in limited cruise time

30 to 45 mins eachway to PDC 45 to an hour if not more to Cancun. Not including boarding and waiting times, Unless the winner of the lottery is waiting for you it is to much travel time.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to go to Cancun from Cozumel,in limited cruise time

What are you hoping to find to see in Cancun? It's not fun IMO. Cozumel is known world wide for it's reefs...get your face in the water. If you MUST go to the mainland you might like swimming w/ the turtles in Akumal, ruins (very hot & buggy), cenotes, Xel Ha etc.etc.. But as stated above...you'll be pressed for time. If you decide to do a mainland excursion you should book thru your cruise line so you are certain to return in time for your departure.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to go to Cancun from Cozumel,in limited cruise time

Any grammar police out there can hit me for using to instead of too

Southeastern...
Level Contributor
854 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to go to Cancun from Cozumel,in limited cruise time

Why would you want to do that is the question I have?Way to much travel time in my opinion even though it can be done.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to go to Cancun from Cozumel,in limited cruise time

To was correct...too would not have been good. Too means also. Two means...more alcohol.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,399 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to go to Cancun from Cozumel,in limited cruise time

Agree with the others. Cant imagine anyone wanting to make a quick trip there. In my opinion, very little to offer.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
643 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to go to Cancun from Cozumel,in limited cruise time

Regardless of why, the answer is: 3.5-4 hours of travel time to do it, so your time there would be very limited. You woul dneed to figure 7 hours of shore time to be safe, giving you really only 3 hours or so in Cancun.

Doesn't seem worth it to me to risk missing the boat if something where to happen.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,467 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to go to Cancun from Cozumel,in limited cruise time

I wouldn't want to risk a journey that far, relying on ferries, buses, taxis, lather rinse and repeat. Why not just check out PDC instead? Lots of bars, shopping, and a beautiful beach with only the ferry to contend with.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to go to Cancun from Cozumel,in limited cruise time

Why not just stay in Cozumel? "Lots of bars, shopping, and a beautiful beach " and no ferry to contend with. :)

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to go to Cancun from Cozumel,in limited cruise time

"Unless the winner of the lottery is waiting for you it is to much travel time"

Pedro.. is this the "to" you were referring to? ha ha I think it should be "too" also LOL (okay so I am bored)