We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Royal

Montreal, Quebec
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Park Royal

Just booked at this hotel yesterday for 1 week in August, I thought this was a high rise on the beach, now I read you have to go through a tunnel?????? Help if anyone has been there. THanks

North America
Level Contributor
621 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Royal

You just use the tunnel to get to the beach area which is technically across the street. I have not stayed there, but visited friends staying there and it is a high rise hotel.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,638 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Royal

You'll barely notice that. Here's a photo tour which shows the tunnel etc.

https:/…TheParkRoyalGroundsBeachArea

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
438 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Royal

Not to worry at all. You dont even notice the street.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
643 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Royal

My set of pics from July 2011. Will be back in July 2012. I think the tunnel is really cool and unique. :) The Hotel Coz has one, but it is more like a mine shaft lol!

As you can see from my pictures, the vegetation has taken off since Larry took his pics above. It is very lush and gorgeous now. One thing I personally really like is the way the street divides the hotel - it creates 2 distinct and separate areas for you to enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51359881@N06/sets/72157629869273342/

Ask any questions you like or PM me, be glad to share. I will post pics and a review up when I get back (going 29th to July 8th).

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Royal

Stayed at Park Royal also its true you wont notice the tunnel goes under the street, not like fiesta americana where you have to walk across the street.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Park Royal

Ok...going to Park Royal, our first time there. Any pointers for staying there? We have always stayed at the ElCozumeleno. We love it there. The economy has hit it though and the food isn't as good as it used to be, neither is the entertainment.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park Royal

I've stayed both and love PR. It's got more of a high dollar feel to it to me, newer and more modern. My last 3 trips down i've stayed there, you can't beat the deals. El Coz is great, but PR just seems a little better i think.

The only drawback is the timeshare sharks there, be stern and tell them you aren't interested.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
643 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park Royal

@ 6' 275 - when I say no, go away......they seem to listen. :)

I too was an El Coz fan, but as has been said, the PR is a step up. I don't do shows, so I cant comment on that. But I love the 3 pools, the lush vegatation, the indoor buffet, the 2 reservation restaurants and the ability to go to town easily.

You will like it if you like the EC.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Park Royal

Thanks Mike and Justin. I feel better about picking the PR. We chose it because we want to dive with ScubaDu at the ElPres.

amarillo
Level Contributor
42 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Park Royal

Agree about it feels a "step up" . We stayed at El Coz our first trip and loved it! Howeeeeeeevvvvver, once we stayed at PR there was no turning back. It is so fab! The views, food, service, and so close to town is just perfect! have a wonderful trip;)