We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any suggestions where to stay between these 4 hotels?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plano, TX
4 posts
Save Topic
Any suggestions where to stay between these 4 hotels?

Fiesta Americana

El Cozumeleno

Park Royal

Allegro Cozumel

My husband and I decided to take a quick 3 night trip, leaving THIS Friday, and these are our 4 choices. Can anyone recommend one over the others? We aren't very needy, just really want to go relax and chill for a couple of days. We are divers, but don't know if we will be doing that this time or not. We stayed at the Occidental Grand last year and I wasn't overly impressed. I know Cozumel is very laid back, but it was almost too quiet there. No music, no entertainment.... We aren't partiers, but we do like a fun atmosphere! Thanks for any help!!!

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any suggestions where to stay between these 4 hotels?

Can only comment on the Park Royal----have gone for many years and always enjoyed it----not a big party scene, Infinity pools are great, hot tubs are cool (not hot) and they have activities during the day and nightly entertainment at the Ampitheater. Sports bar is open until about 2 AM. Great place to chill and kick back---June is a slow month so should not be too crowded---get a room above the 5th floor for an ocean view

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any suggestions where to stay between these 4 hotels?

None of them are probably goign to have a ton of activity per se... so i'd say park royal since its closest to town...

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any suggestions where to stay between these 4 hotels?

I would have to agree on Park Royal because of location .. Have fun! We'll be there next week ;-)

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,219 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any suggestions where to stay between these 4 hotels?

I'd stay at Park Royal if you're looking for lively. FA and Allegro are "remote", and I've honestly never been tempted by El Coz. At PR you're easily within staggering distance of the centro...or a very short taxi ride, anyway.

Have fun!

Bridgeport, Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any suggestions where to stay between these 4 hotels?

I have NEVR been entertained at FA. Park Royal sounds like it would be my choice, as well.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
633 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any suggestions where to stay between these 4 hotels?

Goin back to the PR over July 4 - none of those places will be packed/busy/party places at this time of year. I would go PR as out of the ones you listed it is the best that is closest to town. We eat all dinners in town as there are just too many good places not to.

7. Re: Any suggestions where to stay between these 4 hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 05:40