We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback Riding & Chichen Itza options

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Woodbridge, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback Riding & Chichen Itza options

Hi all, I would appreciate hearing your recommendations for horseback riding options on Cozumel as well as thoughts/ideas on taking a tour to Chichen Itza. I visited Cancun years ago and always regretted not seeing the ruins then. Is it a doable day trip or is there somewhere else I should consider? Thanks!

Southeastern...
Level Contributor
849 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback Riding & Chichen Itza options

There are several horseback riding options on the island,one being at Mr Sancho's Beach Club where you can ride on the beach.As far as going to Chichen Itza, it is doable but a very long day as you would have to take a ferry to Playa del Carmen and then take the bus from there.There was at one time, flights from Cozumel airport that drastically cut down on the travel time but I am not sure if they do that anymore. Maybe someone else could chime in.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback Riding & Chichen Itza options

The Coba ruins are closer. There is not a plane to take you to Chichen. Use the search box above and put in Coba Ruins and arrange by date. There was a good discussion back in April about mainland ruins and Coba vs Chichen.

Horse back riding? Some of the horses on the island are not well cared for but I know that there is a good stables on the transversal road but forgot the name. Riding on Cozumel is pretty hot and buggy.

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback Riding & Chichen Itza options

We went riding & it was not very enjoyable. It was a narrow path through the jungle. Branches were hitting us. The horses were stumbling on the rocks.

I was glad when it was over & I love to ride horses. Maybe the beach would be better!

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseback Riding & Chichen Itza options

There are some ruins in Cozumel. They are small but certainly worth it if you have never seen any. We have been to the pyramids in Mexico city & still enjoyed them.

Go early. It will be hot & buggy. Get a guide. Their explanations of what you are seeing makes it much more enjoyable.

Woodbridge, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horseback Riding & Chichen Itza options

Thank you all for your input, it has been most helpful! I have a few things to consider and will keep all your points in mind when planning our itinerary.

6. Re: Horseback Riding & Chichen Itza options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 21:17