We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery and taxi at Cozumel

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
259 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery and taxi at Cozumel

How can I go from Cozumel ferry stop to hotel? Which is a cheap taxi cab company there? Which are cheap palaces to eat at Cozumal?

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery and taxi at Cozumel

what hotel are you staying at? If it is in town you may be able to walk from the ferry. The taxis are all under the same union.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery and taxi at Cozumel

The taxis have set prices to certain locations including hotels. Just ask before you get in and as said before if your staying intown it may be walking distance. As far as good cheap food you need to get off themain street and get into the neighborhoods. You can find some places where you can get tacos and quesadillas for around 15 pesos. I like super hit tacos and taco roc. Also along the main street is a mega and a chedraui where you can buy food. Enjoy

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
259 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery and taxi at Cozumel

I am staying at Hotel La Casona Real

Ave. Juarez entre 25 y 30 ave. norte.

Cozumel

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery and taxi at Cozumel

There's a great place across from Real called El Chino Marinero. Excellent fried shrimp tacos and tortas. About 35 pesos for the torta.

There are several grocery stores near where you are on 30th and North of you.

If you are traveling light, you can walk from the ferry to Real. It's only 5 blocks.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,381 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery and taxi at Cozumel

You have many good choices in the area for eating. Almost across the street, Chino Marinaro for good tortas and tacos. Many choices on 30. One of my favorites, and a local favorite for tacos, is El Pique. You will also find good food and prices at La Mission Parilla on 30. Many choices.

It is cheaper if you eat like a local . The main meal at mid afternoon and tacos or similar in the evening. In the afternoon, not difficult to find the complete meal, comida corrida, for about 50 pesos.

For groceries, you have both a large supermarket and an Oxxo, a 24 hour convenience store, nearby on 30.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery and taxi at Cozumel

Also the rotisserie placeson 30th offer excellent value

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery and taxi at Cozumel

Where is taco roc, please? Is that place and Super hit day- time only? I know El Pique is evening only.

Edited: 18 July 2012, 20:24
Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grocery and taxi at Cozumel

When I was staying at Casona Real in April a young Peruvian couple was running the resraurant in the courtyard with very nice prices

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grocery and taxi at Cozumel

froglegs- taco roc- i'm bad with streets, but if your on melgar going south it is the first one way street past the main square. On the corner are large wooden pillars wrapped in lights. it is also the way to french quarter. As your going down the street you pass a right turn only street where french quarter is ,just go straight past that street and taco roc on right side of street. Have really good chorizzo quesadillas. I ate at taco roc and super hit tacos in late afternoons. Unsure how late they are open.

Edited: 18 July 2012, 21:38
North America
Level Contributor
616 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Grocery and taxi at Cozumel

The Superhit on 30th is open from about 7 in the morning until 10 at night. They have a good inexepensive breakfast as well.