We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ISIS Car rental in Cozumel-the only place to rent a car!

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
ISIS Car rental in Cozumel-the only place to rent a car!

Margarita at ISIS is the greatest!! Don't even "mess" with the other agencies on the island (who will try to sell you insurance in the amount more than the rental itself) Margarita at ISIS will rent you a nice car, with all the insurance you need included at one fair price. If you come to Cozumel, I hilghly recommend ISIS!

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ISIS Car rental in Cozumel-the only place to rent a car!

Ditto margarita is the best. I always hang out and talk with her,. I love hearing the old stories about the island. She recently got some new scooters and for $20 bucks a day -i haven't found better.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,616 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ISIS Car rental in Cozumel-the only place to rent a car!

While I wouldnt rent a scooter, if you are going to rent a scooter or car, you really cant do better than Margarita. Very nice to work with and talk to and very honest, which is something that cant be said of some island agencies.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ISIS Car rental in Cozumel-the only place to rent a car!

Margarita's nephew runs Rentadora Isis Playa del Carmen. Same great prices and service but newer cars in better condition. We use them when we're on the mainland and need a car.

If you're on the island and planning to go to the mainland, Margarita can arrange for a car there from her office on the island.

The one time I rented from someplace besides Isis (because I waited too long to reserve and she was out of cars) I ended up regretting it.

BTW, I finally met Isis herself a few weeks ago. She's Margarita's daughter. The office cat, Kitty, sadly is no longer.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ISIS Car rental in Cozumel-the only place to rent a car!

Would you guys STOP! I'll never be able to get a car from Margarita again if you don't stop with the praise. Some things we just have to keep "top secret" for ourselves. ;) shhhhhh....

5. Re: ISIS Car rental in Cozumel-the only place to rent a car!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it made false or speculative claims about TripAdvisor and its staff, or it quoted or summarised private correspondence from TripAdvisor staff.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2012, 11:46
Ontario
Level Contributor
5,262 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ISIS Car rental in Cozumel-the only place to rent a car!

I'm just curious why people are allowed to post little rah-rah parties for Isis at all times, yet other rental companies get slandered when someone posts a good experience there?

I really am curious. We used Isis once. It was fine, but not superior to our other experiences.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,192 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ISIS Car rental in Cozumel-the only place to rent a car!

Who do you like Desmei?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ISIS Car rental in Cozumel-the only place to rent a car!

Thrifty is good too.

michigan
Level Contributor
499 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ISIS Car rental in Cozumel-the only place to rent a car!

another Isis customer for life here, only been to cozumel 4 times but after reviewing all the car rental I decided to go with Isis, have not been disappointed yet, each time I take the car back her nephew always goes and tops up the petrol and each time it,s only 10 bucks, and every time I know its been over that due to my calculations,she is always very gracious and also wants to know all about my homeland Scotland. Her prices are also the best in town and if you want it more than your allotted time all you have to do is phone her and let her know.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,616 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ISIS Car rental in Cozumel-the only place to rent a car!

I stopped by Tuesday for a chat with Margarita and to catch up on island news. I learned something about her business I didnt know--she rents bicycles. Maybe everyone else knew but i didnt.