We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel Palace Vacation package question

houston, texas
Level Contributor
344 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel Palace Vacation package question

hi all,

We are planning a trip to Coz Palace early next April (11th-16th). If depart from IAH(Houston), airfare(nonstop) +hotel (jr. suite) total for 2 adults is approx. $2500. Is this a good deal? Airfare is $861 total for 2, and hotel is $1714 for 5 nights. Should we book now are do you think we can get better deal if book later this year? We want to book by end of this year to use their resort credit promotion.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
914 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel Palace Vacation package question

you may want to try funjet, vacation express or apple. Sometimes they have a deal. I would book the cheapest room and use credits to up-grade. You will LOVE the place!!

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel Palace Vacation package question

I would also try it for 7 days instead of 5 . 5 days fly by way too fast.

houston, texas
Level Contributor
344 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel Palace Vacation package question

Thanks guys for the input.

I've read that upgrades using resort credits is based on vacancy. We really want the oceanview room. What's the chance that we might not get it when we get there?

We tried funjet, applevacation, orbitz, resort website, ect..and that's the cheapest we found so far. I think I'm going to keep my eyes on the airfare to see if it will drop...$460/pp is quite a bit to bite.

I wish we can stay for 7 days...but unfortunately we have to go back to work:(

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel Palace Vacation package question

Who is to say what the chances are if you might not get it when you get there? If it's really, really imprtant...you should book accordingly. I suggest you wait a bit to see if prices drop. That being said...$460. pp is not too horrible...airfare has just been so bad the last couple of years. I check all the time and it's way over that. Best of luck.

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
914 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel Palace Vacation package question

Email the resort and make your request early. Address to attention ANA or Bernice and mention you got the suggestion from me on trip Advisor.

houston, texas
Level Contributor
344 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel Palace Vacation package question

froglegs55 & cdill,

Thank you so much for your suggestions and helpful advice.

I will do what you suggest.

houston, texas
Level Contributor
344 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel Palace Vacation package question

cdill,

do I just tell them your screen name "cdill" or do you go by another name?

Also, do you happen to have their email address?

Thank you so much.

8. Re: Cozumel Palace Vacation package question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2013, 10:17