We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

high season

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
high season

I was wondering when rates start going up for the high season? Also thinking of a stay at Vista Del Mar this time, I will be either traveling alone or possibly my daughter for some diving. I usually stay at an A.I. but this time I am looking at something a little diferent and liked the reviews there. Also is it close enough to restaurants, gorcery shopping for alcohol, beer, snacks that I would not need a taxi?

Puerta Maya
Shopping Malls
Mercado Municipal
Flea & Street Markets
Galo Art Studio
Art Galleries, Art Museums
Plaza Confetti
Flea & Street Markets
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: high season

Not everyone adheres to it, but high season rates usually apply in Jan-Feb-Mar. Vista del Mar is right in the middle of downtown, so you could get along without a taxi quite easily. Its maybe three/four blocks from the biggest grocery/liquor store on the island - Mega.

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
300 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: high season

I have found that most condo rentals high season ends between Apr 15 and May 15. Majority are the first of May.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,476 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: high season

It kinda goes this way through out the years.

X-Mas Season (Ultra High) Dec 17th through the 1st of Jan 2013.

Winter season (High Season) Jan 2nd, through April 30th

Low Season May 1st through Jun 21st

Mid Season June 21st through Aug 31st

Low Season Sept 1st till X-mas....With a little bump during Thanksgiving week. If the ironman competition does not pull out any time soon.

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: high season

Thanks ! That explains why it is so tuff to get good flights to the island after Sept 1- anybody got some feedback on Vista del Mar?

Level Contributor
997 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: high season

Vista del Mar is a charming little hotel. Very basic and nothing fancy. The staff was very nice. I would definitely get an oceanview room. They include a continental breakfast that consists of assorted rolls, coffee and juice. They have a very small 2nd floor pool. Big enough to get in a splash around a little.

I liked Casa Mexicana (right next door) much better. It is a little more expensive but much more modern. They include a very good breakfast buffet. Their pool is in the 2nd floor lobby and is more of a wading pool (very shallow).

Both hotels are in a great location to walk to everything.

6. Re: high season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 06:17