We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to purchase table lines

wisconsin
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to purchase table lines

Will be in Cozumel and would like to know where to buy some nice tableclothes ect..?

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,237 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to purchase table lines

Viva Mexico or Cinco Soles.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,237 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to purchase table lines

Actually, Mi Casa (also a Cinco Soles store, but all house/decor stuff) might have the best selection.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,666 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to purchase table lines

There are a couple of street vendors just south of Cinco Soles that also sell some very nice linen tablecloths. I think I remember seeing them around el Museo.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to purchase table lines

If you want Guadalajara checked cotton table linens (very soft cotton), the textile bodega stocks them. It's on Ave. 5 bet. 2 & 4 -- across the street from ISIS. Bargaining OK. Closed for siesta.

The fabric store on Juarez across from BOBs also carries this cotton in various prints if you want custom sewn. This can be done in Cozumel very quickly and very cheaply. Bring measurements & ask at the store. They also make drapery -- free or almost free if you buy the fabric from them.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to purchase table lines

Thanks everyone... I've never been to Mexico so what would be the approx. costs to the checked cotton table linens???

Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to purchase table lines

Where exactly is the fabric store on Juarez? Would love to check this out.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,237 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to purchase table lines

I've never shopped for them, so I wouldn't know prices. I don't think I've seen the colourful ones for sale in the street, just plain white.

I would imagine prices vary wildly by quality, just like you can buy a blanket for $6 or $120 USD.

Will you be in Cozumel for more than an afternoon? Shop around, it pays off.

North America
Level Contributor
615 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to purchase table lines

Take Deb's advice and hit the textile import place on 5 across from ISIS. I have purchased many beautiful table runners, wall hangings, woven place mats, etc., and all very reasonable from there.. I also have 2 of the vibrrant colored tablecloths also from there and just love them. There is also a vendor by the museum on Melgar that sell the white lacey linen type.

9. Re: Where to purchase table lines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2013, 10:16