We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aura Grand sold to Dreams??

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Aura Grand sold to Dreams??

Hi I have booked the Aura for my husband and I for Feb. 2013. If they are bought out by dreams will this resort be not Adult only? Most Dream resort are family friendly?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,853 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aura Grand sold to Dreams??

You will have to wait and see.

maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aura Grand sold to Dreams??

That would really stink.. I am already booked for Valentines week and leaving the kids at home.. Well thanks Co_pilot

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,163 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aura Grand sold to Dreams??

Ah well. At least any kids there won't be YOUR problem. ;o)

Shawnee, Kansas
Level Contributor
101 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aura Grand sold to Dreams??

Good question; Dreams is a brand owned and operated by AMResorts. This company has several brands including Zoetry, Secrets, Now and Sunscape. Some of these are adult only... I know Secrets is AOAI. If in fact "Dreams" (or their parent company) has purchased the Aura property, I am hopeful they will realize the niche of Adult Only resorts in Cozumel is limited and will continue to keep Aura an AOAI. I will be there in December and will let you know if I find out anything.

maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aura Grand sold to Dreams??

Hi Ilovsb15 Thanks for your reply I will look forward to your review come December.. And Desmi I have 4 children and love Kids.. We are taking our 2 boys in 46 days.. to Dreams Riveria Cancun and I like to vacation with them. But when My husband and I go I like adult only. Family frendly resorts are great when you have kids.. I booked the Aura because it is adult only. I Know that the AMresorts owns a lot of properties we have stayed at all the Secrets resorts and Zoetry .. It just scares me that it was mentioned the Dream resort and not AMresorts have taken it over. I guess they can always transfer our reservaton to a Secrets resort which would be fine I love Secrets but I will not go if it is not adult only.. We take two major trips a year one with kids and one without and when I am without I want to keep it that way..LOl

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
307 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aura Grand sold to Dreams??

Wanting to watch this topic for sure. Seriously considering Aura for our first adults only AI stay....we've stayed at Dreams properties before and like them (love the no bracelets!) but wondering about transitional concerns. Service can be rocky during those types of things...

I've read several recent reviews and messaged those folks privately and it sounds like it is going to happen. I keep checking the press releases section of amresorts webpage, but have yet to see anything about a "new" property on cozumel (haven't checked within the last few days though). However, they don't have any properties there yet, so may be a good move for them.

I'll be anxious to know too what they do. I'm sorta wondering if they'd buy the whole sabor and aura areas...they could make aura like a exclusive adults only area, but not sure that really works.,

Will probably take the gamble...I can't wait till December to decide about a January trip. In fact last year I booked our annual vacay in early December and that was too late for my comfort. may be booking within the next month....hoping for the best!

maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aura Grand sold to Dreams??

Dear Kath J I just wanted to let you know since you seem to have not booked yet that they have a great deal for the Aura on Luxury link.com We are going peak season over VD day and with100$ off using promo code lux10 we only paid 1516 for 7 nights penthouse suit.. different months are going to come out to 1340$ or there about.. and they are booking up to May 2013 This is a great company and have used them many times in the past. Its an auction but not really if the bid is 1450 say just but n 1450 and I have always got it for that price and the buy it now is stupid because I have put n my dates once two years ago ( and this was the only time it happended they could not give me those dates ) And Irecieved my money back .. So I figure if it is not an adult only and that is what I paid and if dreams/Arm resorts I think they will honor the fact that we wanted adults only and switch us to one of there other properties.. I am not going to book my flight to Coz yet though have my flight from BWi to Cancun but won't book my shuttle flight untill closer and find out .. In some of the reviews they have said that the changes to become a Dream resort has already begone... So we will see still a great deal and if we go to a Secrets resort thats ok will miss going to Coz bt wil try it with kids in the future.. lol

Denver
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aura Grand sold to Dreams??

Aura will stay adult only. The properties were not sold to anyone. If you look up "Dreams" you will see that they are under the AMResorts umbrella, which MANAGES and MARKETS several brands. They do not own them, they market and manage them.

Rumors have been around for months (a tad bit over a year) that the owners of the 4 facilities (Sabor, Sabor Exclusive, Regency Club and Aura) will contract for the management and marketing services from AM Resorts.

Aura & Sabor exclusive have always been adult only and we hear it will remain that way. They are the only all adult you can get on the island, so I am sure that won't change. Its still unclear under which umbrellas each of the four sections will be marketed as, but from what I have heard Aura & Sabor exclusive will remain all adult.

Edited: 11 September 2012, 20:16
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aura Grand sold to Dreams??

I just posted the official AMR press release if anyone is interested, it has quite a bit of detail.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,096 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aura Grand sold to Dreams??

Am trying to read on my iPhone which isn't easy...but it looks like it will still be an Adult Only Secrets, correct?