We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayair Connections to Cozumel

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Mayair Connections to Cozumel

Ok for all those that have done this before me ! Although I've been coming to the island for 10 yrs this will be my first to fly Mayair from Cancun to Coz and visa versa.

Question - are they in different terminals ? How do I get there ? I know Co-pilot has great instructions for the ferry - never seen any for Mayair. Need to know what to expect from Cancun and Cozumel. Want to make sure things go as smoothly as possibly.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayair Connections to Cozumel

Cancun - the Mayair flights go from terminal 1. There are free shuttles to take you there. When you come out of the terminal you land at in Cancun, look for a Lomas Travel representative (they wear "Tiffany blue" shirts) and he or she will help you.

It is very straightforward. If you don't see a Lomas rep, just ask anyone who works there and they will direct you. You won't have to walk more than a few steps wherever you come out to where the shuttle will pick you up. These instructions make it sound a lot more complicated than it is.

If you have a while to wait for your Mayair flight, I would suggest staying in the terminal you arrive at for a while, and maybe getting something to eat. The Mayair departure lounge is really small and there aren't any amenities other than bathrooms and a drinks/snack machine. They ask you to get there about an hour before your scheduled departure time.

Cozumel - the desk is on the far left side of the check-in area.It opens an hour before departure, and not a minute earlier, so don't bother getting there at the crack of dawn.

The plane leaves from the main terminal now, not the little one it used to use. Sit by the allocated gate because I don't think they announce boarding, and, if they do, it's not very noticable. We've always gone from gate 6, but that may just be coincidence.

Have fun, it's a great flight!

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayair Connections to Cozumel

That's great info BeCoz. Just this past December we went to the little terminal to fly to Cun. Actually that's probably a lot better leaving from the main terminal. There was nothing in the little one.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayair Connections to Cozumel

thanks so much - we only have about an hour and a half between flights so we will get there right away. Only doing carry on so it should go quickly.

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayair Connections to Cozumel

TXGal, you'll have plenty of time to get there, especially just with carry-on.

We are the same, and it's great travelling light - no queues and stress waiting for baggage. Once you are through immigration, that's it - straight out into the sunlight to find the Lomas rep.

It couldn't be easier and it's so pleasant too. Sit on the left of the plane, if you can and you'll be able to see Cozumel appearing in the distance and then all that gorgeous water around Passion Island. It's really breathtaking.

Don't panic when you see all the smoke in the cabin after take-off, it's just the air-conditioning, such as it is. All part of the charm!!

You are in for a treat!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mayair Connections to Cozumel

Do the Lomas guys direct you to the regular inter-terminal shuttle or do you get special transport?

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mayair Connections to Cozumel

The Lomas reps have steered us towards a special van, but I don't remember if it had Lomas on the side.

Other times, when we came in at terminal 2, we got the regular shuttle.

North America
Level Contributor
615 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mayair Connections to Cozumel

Sometimes if the regular shuttle is on its way, the Lomas rep will wait with you until the regular shuttle comes, Otherwise, they radio to advise that passengers are waiting to be transported to the terminal for Maya Air, but either way it has never been a lengthy wait. I kind of enjoy having a "moment" to stand outside and begin my "decompression." Depending on what the rep has going on, he/she may come with you on the shuttle or van.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mayair Connections to Cozumel

Thanks for the info - we have done the bag & drag many times - looking forward to the new experience.

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mayair Connections to Cozumel

I know some people like it but I'm not a fan. Too much stress with connection times, etc. Mayair suits us just fine and we look forward to it as part of the holiday, not a trek inbetween us and diving into the pool!

10. Re: Mayair Connections to Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2013, 10:15