We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I was cancelled !!!

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
I was cancelled !!!

Got a call from AA recorder saying my flight for the morning to Cancun was cancelled and rebooked for Saturday afternoon. I called them up and said - not an option - I have a connection to Cozumel on Friday.

The woman I spoke with was very nice - worked with me even though she said I "SHOULD" be calling Book It since that is who I went through - but......she worked with me...and now we are on a direct to Coz getting in 30 minutes earlier than expected.....as long as they don't cancel this one too ! Fingers Crossed !

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I was cancelled !!!

What were your original flight numbers?

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I was cancelled !!!

Was going on AA 849 to Cancun 8:50am

Now it's AA367 to Coz 10:30am

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I was cancelled !!!

What a headache but I'm happy it worked out in the end. Have fun!

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I was cancelled !!!

Thanks - it sent me into a mini panic attack - but I do have to say the woman on the phone was very helpful. I can only imagine some of the phone calls she is receiving these days. Just hoping that this one doesn't get cancelled this morning - but since it's the only AA flight out of Cozumel today I think my chances are good.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I was cancelled !!!

That is why I just book withmy airlines and hotels directly. I used bookit my first time and when I had a problem they said call the airline. What the heck do i need them for. Glad it worked out for you. I would hope that with one flight a day in to cozumel with AA they wouldn't cancel it. I flew in on the 2nd of september and the plane was packed. The funny thing about AA they have 3 flights going to dfw on sunday mornings 6, 715 and 845- out of OKC my flight was cancelled due to mechanical problems and they got everyone on the later filght and there were still open seats. I'm a conspiracy guy so i think they just saw how empty the flights were and combined them.

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I was cancelled !!!

Sounds like good news, TXGal!

367 and 364 are our favorite flight numbers for DFW-CZM.

Buen viaje, y'all!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I was cancelled !!!

According to flightstats.com, the return flight from Cancun (to DFW) is canceled. Imagine the hassle they will endure.

upstate NY
Level Contributor
483 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I was cancelled !!!

Really a silver lining to that cloud. Good for you.

Ames, Iowa
Level Contributor
16 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I was cancelled !!!

My AA flight, returning to DFW on 10 Oct was cancelled. Now returning on 11 Oct which is ok but AA said I was on my own for the night of the 10th. They did offer me a one night extention at the hotel I'm staying at for double the price the hotel charges for a room for a night on their web site. Thanks but no thanks AA.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I was cancelled !!!

I only saw two cancellations from DFW today up to about 400 PM. One to Phoenix...and one to Cancun.

It did work in your favor.