We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
417 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay

I am having the hardest time deciding where to stay during Xmas week. A few weeks ago, we stayed at Miramar 403, which was fantastic, however, their holiday rates are $215/night (we paid $99) which is a bit steep for us given the fact that we are going back to Coz a few months after we just got back. Anyhow, we just got one quote for a one bedroom at Residencias for $160/night plus $50 (for the week for maid service and insurance) and another quote for a two bedroom house a few blocks from town with a private pool for $700 for the entire week (sounds like a bargain). I'm torn...I like the idea of being on the beach, but I'm not sure if it's worth an extra $500. We are definitely renting a car for the week and we plan on eating dinner out every night, while eating breakfast/lunch in the house/condo. Can someone please offer some input? This is a tough call for me.

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
709 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay

Hi mesquita92,

I have left you a few question your other post? Interested in going to the north part....

A the country club estate Hacienda Monte Cristo you have very good prices and you have direct access to one of the best beach on the Island and prices are around what you are looking for.

We book our condo in June because then we could bargain with the owners then.

Miramar are some of the most rented with long time return customer. This is why you have less bargaining power there.

Will see you around we are coming in on December 14 for 4 days and returning again on the next Saturday the 22nd for 2 weeks. We stay at Peninsula.

You will love Cozumel during the holiday....so many nice traditions.

Lyne in cold Canada

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
417 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay

Hi Lyne! I thought I had answered your question in my other post? We are just looking for a small 1 bedroom, or something that is reasonably priced for the week. I really do not want to spend $1500 on a condo for the week. The airfare is going to be high enough! Monte Cristo is one of the condos that I had inquired about. Which beach is it near? I thought it said it's a short walk away. In my other post, I was trying to ask about lowered rates or bargaining. I didn't know that bargaining was even an option. We are going to pick the condo/house that has the best rates. Miramar was a nice treat for us because it was low season, however, we are trying to somewhat budget for our holiday trip. In fact, we just decided that we were going back to Cozumel a few days ago! This was a total spur of the moment decision! :) We are super excited about being there for Christmas. It has always been one of my dreams to visit Cozumel for the holidays. How awesome that you will be there, too!!!

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
709 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay

Hi Mesquita,

The beach if 500m from the Monte Cristo estate....The weekly rate for Casa Turquesa is $1000.00.

I know they have quite a few unties for rent and very nice facility too.

Good luck in your search...

Lyne

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
417 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay

Casa Turquesa is absolutely stunning!!! Wow! Thank you so much for your help! So many decisions to make...fun stuff! :)

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay

Which house in town are you considering?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
417 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Stay

Casa Blanca

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Stay

Cute property! You will definitely be close to all the great restaurants and get to hear the sounds of the city.. visits from the churro man too!

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Stay

Mesquita92 - I stayed at Turquesa and loved it. It's basically a block's walk to San Juan beach, where a bunch of kiteboarders hang out. Here is a property manager I have worked with and their options for villas/condos/houses.

http://cozumelrentalhomes.com/61841.html

In town, I loved staying at Jungle Dream too. I've either stayed at or been in almost all their properties.

This is a link to video walk-thru's of just about all of the places they rent.

www.youtube.com/user/CozumelRentalHomes…

Montana
Level Contributor
652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to Stay

We stayed at one of their in-town properties in October and loved it. I didn't miss being on the water and with a car you are minutes from the beach.

North America
Level Contributor
621 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to Stay

I think there are a couple of places called Casa Blanca. If you are thinking of staying at the one in town on Calle 5 - very cute house, nice little pool and outdoor area, and perfect for a couple. Also a quick walk to 30th. Only problem - next door to a very loud cantina, and if you are away every day during noon to about 6 you will be fine. But if you want to take a siesta there in the afternoon or sit outside by the pool and read and relax, it is a real and major annoyance. They often have bands/live music which are pretty terrible, otherwise they will play music at the loudest decibel level possible. Only day it is quiet is on Sundays when they are closed..

Edited: 26 September 2012, 20:42