We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day trip to a Cozumel resort - one of the above

Ottawa, Canada
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A day trip to a Cozumel resort - one of the above

Hello Trip advisors;

My Fiance and I are in Coz on Monday 1 Oct with the Carnival Dream and I am looking for a good day-trip to a resort to wow her as all good future hubbies naturally would.

I won't be taking any of the ship excursions, and want to try for something a bit less crowded. I narrowed my selection for a resort day pass to the Presidente, the Aura and the Iberostar.

What should I do? Your thoughts please.

Bests - Jim P.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A day trip to a Cozumel resort - one of the above

The Presidente isn't all inclusive, does that make a difference? If you want absolute luxury, why not the Palace? Best food, drinks and service, but a man-made beach, if that makes a difference.

Of the others you listed, though, the Aura might be the 'nicest' AI option.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,134 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A day trip to a Cozumel resort - one of the above

If you want to take a long walk on the beach, the Presidente is out.

There is a lot of rocky material at the waters edge at Iberostar although you can walk some distance north and get away from it. See picture below

http://tinyurl.com/2wlbv6

Edited: 29 September 2012, 16:07
Ottawa, Canada
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: A day trip to a Cozumel resort - one of the above

Thanks for the tips!

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A day trip to a Cozumel resort - one of the above

Why a resort ? How about taking a taxi to the east side , find a beach club that you like and hang out there .

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A day trip to a Cozumel resort - one of the above

Good suggestion , ww. If you really want to impress with the best resort, I would choose Presidente

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A day trip to a Cozumel resort - one of the above

whats a good beach club?? were looking into the bar hopping tour- it sounds fun!!!

7. Re: A day trip to a Cozumel resort - one of the above

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 07:17