We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PADI - open water diver certification

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
PADI - open water diver certification

We are looking to complete our PADI certification, via the referral program, and will be staying at the Iberostar resort.

What recommendations do you have?

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PADI - open water diver certification

I know matt at blue angel comes highly recommended. You might try scubaboard cozumel for better answers.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
99 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PADI - open water diver certification

scubatony did mine and my friends, He has a website and under the "tours" section you can find 100's of postive reviews on them.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PADI - open water diver certification

You are likely to get as many recommendations as there are divers posting.

There are several dozen dive shops that can do this, as well as a number of independent instructors. My son and some nephews completed their certifications with Sandro Quijada, an instructor on the island who has a Facebook page. I was certified over 30 years ago, but I still learn something every time I dive with him.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PADI - open water diver certification

I'll throw in my favorite, Hector Reyes, is great at Scuba Du. They're at Presidente. Hector speaks great English and he's very friendly and patient. I've dove with him for 3 or 4 yrs now and took my 12 yr old grandson, who will be getting his certification next summer!

Yes, there are many on the island that are good!

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PADI - open water diver certification

We love Scubatony and his staff are really great.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PADI - open water diver certification

What is wrong with the in house dive op?

7. Re: PADI - open water diver certification

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 14:18