We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi's

Chicago
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
taxi's

My hubby does not like the big bus with everybody in it. Can we

catch a cab outside the airport to take us to Playa del Carmen???

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi's

There are no amphibious taxis in Cozumel to get you to Playa. Sorry...but hubby will have to take the "big bus" ferry.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi's

Are you flying into the Cancun airport?

I recommend doing a private transfer with USA transfers.

One way is $59 and if you want them to pick you up for the trip back to the airport, roundtrip is $109.

The bus is much cheaper, but if hubby doesn't like it, he has to pay :)

If you just wait until you get to the airport to find a ride, a private taxi will be $95 one way, so I highly suggest pre-booking with someone like USA

the website is entertainment-plus.net

Edited: 12 October 2012, 22:10
Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi's

Also recommend USA transfer. Or there is Mayair for a direct flight from CUN to CZM. We used USA from CUN to Playa and it was $69 for up to 7 peeps one way and we flew Mayair back to CUN.

4. Re: taxi's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 13:18