We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2012 Ironman

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,682 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
2012 Ironman

Registration for the event has now closed with 2,800 people registered to paricipate. Always a much needed boost for the local economy.

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2012 Ironman

what is the exact date that it is being held?

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2012 Ironman

Sunday November 25th

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2012 Ironman

I was there to see the first part in september and it was great.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,580 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2012 Ironman

I volunteered last year as a rescue diver during the swim portion of the event. It was a blast.

After I made it back to the North end, we got our chairs and coolers and sat by the road and cheered the guys and girls on. We elicited a lot of smiles and jokes from the athletes with our, "Cold beer....Cold beer. Get your cold beer right here."

Here's the video I shot while underwater:

www.youtube.com/watch…

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2012 Ironman

Ww the one in September was the 70.3 Ironman. (Half ironman). Separate event from the full IM in November. Glad you got to see it! We have been to the full IM event in Cozumel for the past three years and really enjoy watching the athletes and even talking to them for the days after and hearing their stories and struggles.

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2012 Ironman

We had a great time volunteering last year. Hope to volunteer again this year. It was fun hearing all the stories and meeting so many nice people. Especially locals and other volunteers. The athletes were so appreciative! It was a very positive experience!

7. Re: 2012 Ironman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 09:17