We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help! Looking for info on day trips in Cozumel...

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kingwood, Texas...
7 posts
Save Topic
Please help! Looking for info on day trips in Cozumel...

Hi Y’all…

My husband and I are going on a cruise in 2 weeks. We do not want to pay for excursions, but would like to spend the day at a local beach that is not too far from the docks.

My best friend told me to post my questions here, so here goes…

Our last stop is Cozumel. We will be there for only 8 hours.

Does anyone know if taxis are readily available at the port? Also, what do think it would cost to take one to a local beach?

Any information about day trips will be GREATLY appreciated.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,006 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help! Looking for info on day trips in Cozumel...

There are multiple places to go. Some are:

Paradise Beach

Mr Sanchos

Nachi Cocom

Playa Palancar

Taxis are plentiful.

Edited: 15 October 2012, 17:54
Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,885 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help! Looking for info on day trips in Cozumel...

Like CO_Pilot said, taxis are plentiful and the cost depends on where you are going. Money Bar would be the cheapest to get to for about $7 each way. Playa Palancar would run you about $20-$22, everyplace else is somewhere in between.

Cozumel
Level Contributor
86 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help! Looking for info on day trips in Cozumel...

Another nice beach club you might consider is Ocean. It is right next to San Francisco and Paradise beach. Taxi ride should be about $15 but ask your taxi driver before you get in. They are all over the place. Great facilities. Nice food and good service. It is my new go to beach club on the island!

Victoria, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help! Looking for info on day trips in Cozumel...

ScubaTony:

Could you please proviode mofre information on Ocean; facilities, food/drink and snorkeling.

Thanks,

Steve

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help! Looking for info on day trips in Cozumel...

Just sent you a Private Message

Kingwood, Texas...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help! Looking for info on day trips in Cozumel...

Thank you all SO much! This is my first foray into Trip Advisor and the response has been amazing! Now my issues is too many choices...LOL

7. Re: Please help! Looking for info on day trips in Cozumel...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 18:35
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help! Looking for info on day trips in Cozumel...

we did the Bar Hop tour and it was awesome. its about 5 hours long.

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help! Looking for info on day trips in Cozumel...

There are more taxis than you can shake a stick at. seriously. We went to Buccanos this year and liked it. You have to pay to get in but the price is discounted from your bar/food. We also like Palancar and Mr.Sanchos.

10. Re: Please help! Looking for info on day trips in Cozumel...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2013, 10:16