We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Cozumel Yes Or No Why?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Cozumel Yes Or No Why?

Has anyOne stayed there? Have you done the all inclusive? Any help would be great thanks ahead of time.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Cozumel Yes Or No Why?

I stay at hotel cozumel . i will be back in nov for my 6th time this yr. I got 8 nights AI for $633. The non AI is $603 so for AI for the week it is 30 bucks. The food is ok not great, but in the morn. there is an omelette lafy who cooks made to order eggs. In the daytime she is at snack bar cooking fajitas, hamburgers and such. The hotel is usually pretty quiet. <ost of people are divers and in bed early. We eat dinners in town alot. It is walking distance to town and they also have bikes for guests to use. If you do stay here don't expect occidental grand it is just a good cheap hotel. It is why i can afford to go so often. If you have any questions let me knoww. enjoy

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Cozumel Yes Or No Why?

ditto what okdiverokc said exactly. It's a great place with a nice beach club. Set your expectations around 3 stars and you'll be very happy. If you think you're getting Coz Palace treatment, try something else. Location is good for walking into town.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Cozumel Yes Or No Why?

Have have stayed there a few times AI and non AI. If they AI is cheap as okdiver said do it just to cover breakfast, a snack and cocktails. I would go to town for dinners. The pool is great, the location is great too. Very centrally located towards town with ease to go south as well.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Cozumel Yes Or No Why?

I forgot about Hotel Cozumel. We liked it fine (for all the reasons mentioned) the 2 times we stayed there especially since you could walk to town.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Cozumel Yes Or No Why?

Thanks everyone !!! How is the beach part? Is the AI only at the hotel or down on the beach too? Anything else I should know about this area? I'm used to staying at Sabor where we don't leave the resort much cause it is a $20 cab fair one way to town. You say it is walking distance to what part? The mall, the edge of town or the square( where wet Wendy's is)? And where is a good place to eat dinner? I like cheap and good. Nothing like Senior Frogs not cheap and nothing great. Just loud. Sorry if I'm asking too many questions.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Cozumel Yes Or No Why?

It is a 30 minute walk or a 4 dollar cab ride to the main square. There is a restaurant across the street that is usually open for lunch. It is by the beaxh area which is basically a sand box with an iron shore. They do have a bar in the restuarant across the street . The snack bar and the main restaurant are across the street at the main hotel. We eat at alot of cheap places- taco roc, super hit tacos, you can ususally find a good place with cheap quesadillas and tortas alot of places. We also go down to blue angel and eat at their restaurant. It will run you 6-10 bucks per person, but great chili rellanos and guacamole burgers. We just wander around and see what we can find off of thebeaten path. Like i said earlier they also have bycycles for guests to use free of charge.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Cozumel Yes Or No Why?

AI includes beach area. Don't waste your time eating any dinners at HC. Every night was an adventure eating in town.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Cozumel Yes Or No Why?

I've never done AI at Hotel Cozumel but I've stayed there several times in the past. It's where we put up family members when there are too many people to fit in the house. It's a perfectly decent hotel at a decent price.

As far as where to eat, there are many threads' worth of answers to that.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,445 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Cozumel Yes Or No Why?

Photo tour & links to my thoughts as well as some from Scubaboard members are here.

https:/…HotelCozumelPhotos

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Cozumel Yes Or No Why?

Nice looking cheap place. Considered it this year but stayed at Casa Mexicana instead because it was closer to town