We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do that are different

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
48 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
things to do that are different

We are going in November but have not been to Cozumel for several years. We plan on spending a day there renting a car. Has anyone ever gone to Hacienda Antigua Teq. tours? Can anyone recomend anything different to see other then the typical tourist events. Local resturants, nice beaches, snorkleing in areas that again are not so populated by tourist, etc. I know several of you hae been there several times so hope you can help make this trip different.

The Original Salsa and Salsa
Cooking Classes, Sightseeing Tours
Tours Plaza - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Safe Tours Cozumel
Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Wild Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
310 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do that are different

There is a fairly new Chocolate Factory that you can tour and there is always Josefina Luigi's cooking class. You can find out about her class at cozumelmycozumel.com The Museum downtown is full of history and environmental education. My husband found it very informative.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do that are different

This will be my sixth time this year and i seem to do the same thing also- eat dive eat dive drink repeat. We always go to the east side and do some snorkeling at punta sur. I have heard the amazing race can be fun- idk - not for me but somehting different anyway. I plan on going to mainland and do a cenote dive one of these trips.. enjoy , be there in nov. myself

oz
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: things to do that are different

my must do every trip is sailing on the tucan !!!! It's always my best day spent on vacation.

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: things to do that are different

All great suggestions listed above, to those I would add...

-volunteer at the Humane Society

-pick up trash on the east side with or for the Trashy Little Group, count your bags as they keep a yearly tally

-Punta Molas tour with Adrian (pretty sure that's only on Sundays now)

-Mexico Silvestre Wilderness tour, this is the description from the facebook page

"Discover Cozumel’s wilderness in this unique expedition through naturally protected coastal and inner lagoons. Bird watching, wildlife and incredible scenery are the main focus of these canoe adventures. Traveling by canoe you can reach places that are otherwise not accessible. Mexico Silvestre is the only outfitter in Cozumel offering this experience.

Each expedition is personalized to your ...individual interests, group and Schedule. Nature photography workshops are offered, Esther with your own camera or trying out one of our professional systems. Half day, full day, overnight and multi-day options available.

Robert Cudney, the former National Park director, a seasoned nature guide and conservation photographer, has opened up a World for others to share in his passion by creating these unique expeditions"

-take the Cozumel Photo Tour, http://cozumelphototour.blogspot.com/

-attend a concert at Moby Dick's, although I am doubtful there would be one in November...perhaps another trip. I attended the Paulina Rubio concert during Carnaval and while thoroughly enjoying it, it was also very interesting to see the differences of going to a concert in the US vs. in Mexico. Like, for one, you don't stand up and dance...what? It is custom to remain seated (so I mastered the art of chair dancing), and yes, I stood out like a sore thumb being the only blonde in the house. :)

Have a great trip!

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: things to do that are different

Second vote for Wineott's idea regarding Adrian's tour to Punta Molas.

Simply stated, it really is a spectacular, knowledge-filled day.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,623 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: things to do that are different

Really?! They all stayed seated for Paulina Rubio? Very strange indeed!

7. Re: things to do that are different

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 00:35
MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: things to do that are different

Desmei-yeh, it was just bizarre, even anyone that lingered at all, standing in front of us was shoooed away by the local couple next to us. He spoke good English and kinda explained this whole deal to us. "Concerts" in Mexico are for viewing and listening, not for dancing and partying. He said it is different if a band is playing in a square or bar/cantina. But not for dancing at this type of venue. A small portion of the attendees danced in the center, closest to the stage, VIP section.

Won't stop me from doing it again tho, can't wait to see who they pull in for Carnaval 2013! And I need to get to know some VIP's :)

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: things to do that are different

Here's another different thing to do on the island...

Bird Watching Tour, Cozumel Country Club, the first Certified Audubon Sanctuary golf course in Mexico, led by local biologist. 6:30-8:30am, Mon-Sat, $50usd per person includes guided tour and breakfast afterward. Must book min. 24 hours in advance, reservations required

www.cozumelcountryclub.com.mx

987-872-9570

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,221 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: things to do that are different

Has anyone done the Chocolate Tour? Was it worth it?