We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkle gear online?

Mays Landing, New...
Level Contributor
169 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkle gear online?

Planning our trip for next year, need new snorkle and fins. My wife bought new gear last year at a local dive shop before our trip, and I thought the prices were a bit much. Any suggestions for online stores you liked, just to get comparison of products and prices?

michigan
Level Contributor
499 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkle gear online?

we used this company for our gear,ordered online,delivered in 5 days,very happy.

www.swimoutlet.com/ProductBrand.asp…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
567 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkle gear online?

I bought my snorkel vest on amazon.com

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkle gear online?

I just ordered new vests from

snorkelingonline.com

The price was great and they were delivered to Canada in two weeks.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkle gear online?

get it at a shop, fitting is required and the above posters may or may not have something useful.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
648 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkle gear online?

Go to a dive shop to get your mask. You will be alot happier. They will help you get a properly fitting mask. There is nothing worse than having your mask constantly flood while snorkelling, especially salt water up the nose.

Snorkel and fins are not so important. But you will get better quality gear from the dive shop that will last a long time.

Mays Landing, New...
Level Contributor
169 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkle gear online?

Thanks for the replies. Only need snorkel tube and a pair of travel fins. The dive shop closest to us has a limited stock, curious about what was available, or if there might be new products available. Wont be going until May, have time to shop around.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkle gear online?

Scuba Toys has great selection, prices, and give opinions as to equipment you might consider.

Tried other online stores, always good experience with these guys.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkle gear online?

We've bought a lot from Leisure Pro. Good equipment, good customer service.

www.leisurepro.com/1/4/snorkelling-equipment

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snorkle gear online?

We use leisurepro.com for "commodity" dive items such as snorkels or exact replacement masks. They usually get stuff to us in two days without extra shipping fees. They're not authorized dealers for everything they sell, which could be an issue for some things.

Scubatoys.com is a very highly-regarded online (and bricks-and-mortar) shop in Texas with great customer service and good prices.

Michigan
Level Contributor
869 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snorkle gear online?

I think fitting mask is a good idea. They did that for me at a shop and had to try several sizes and models. I am on the small side, so the usual average gear may not fit properly.

I am now thinking of buying a shortie wet suit. I am so afraid of sinking (I know I won't, but my fears are horrid as I have lung problems). Good Luck.

For most things, I do use Amazon and if in doubt order two sizes or types and then send one back that is not appropriate. I find I can look at many models and details of each on Amazon. But for something that needs to fit perfect, I would want to try it on.