We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation for a large group

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation for a large group

This year we have a group of about 40 people staying at the el cozumeleno in February. Normally our group is less than half that number so we rent a few cars to spend a couple days on the east side. Does anybody rent out a bus and driver that would hold our group for a day of driving around the island?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,820 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation for a large group

You can contact UNIPER. They are the union bus service on Cozumel who handle tourists on cruise ships, tours, etc. You can see their website here:

www.unipercozumel.com/esp/servicios.html

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation for a large group

For sure!! Check out Cozumelbarhop.com

Wonderful time, leave the driving to someone else.. Great owners and guides. You will love the other side of the island. Just do it! You will stop at bars along the way. At each stop(4) you get a free shot which is included in your price. The bars are clean and air conditioned!! Food is great.

Edited: 01 November 2012, 20:39
okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation for a large group

The bars are cleaned and air conditioned? UMMM no they may be clean but definately no air conditioning except the ocean breeze. Maybe you meant the bus?

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation for a large group

I am sure the barhop tour is nice, but a group of our size makes our own party hence why I was asking about a charter bus. The bars on the east side are definitely not air conditioned, unless you are talking about the nice ocean breeze that is usually blowing on that side.

Robert, have you ever used Uniper before? I sent them an email after you gave me their info but still have not heard back. Do you have any idea of price for a large bus if you have used them?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation for a large group

There is a post on here from March 27, 2009 from Antonio about Uniper. It contains an email address and phone number. He's quoting $200.-$250. but don't know time frame for that price and it's from 2009. Enter Uniper bus in the search box above and you will see this post.

Edited: 02 November 2012, 13:52
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation for a large group

We had a large group and contracted with cozumelbus hop back in Feb for the Tip the Island party. It was a private charter without a guide so we could go where we wanted and when we wanted as a group. I think we had about 25 or so people.

7. Re: Transportation for a large group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2013, 10:19