We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disembark Carnival Cruise and migration in Cozumel Mexico

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Muenstertal, Germany
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Disembark Carnival Cruise and migration in Cozumel Mexico

Hi everybody,

we would be soooo glad to get your support concerning our case:

We, a friend of mine and me, have booked a Carnival cruise on 12th of November from Miami via Key West via Cozumel back to Miami. So we won´t go back to Miami we want to disembark (leave the Cruise) in Cozumel.

We already informed Carnival about that...

What we should know is, do anybody have experiences like that?

Especially with the migration into Mexico in Cozumel Puerta Maya?

Is there a migration office at the Harbour of Cozumel where we can get the important "Tourist card" we need?

We both have German Passports.

Thank you very very very much for your help in advance.

Best regards from Germany

Jasmin

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,180 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disembark Carnival Cruise and migration in Cozumel Mexico

I am not sure the exact procedure but I know the Mexican Immigration officers board every ship that arrives. I suppose these people can clear you for arrival while on board the ship. They likely have the tourist card with them but if not it will be a matter of going to Immigration at the airport or their city office. From one person I know who is in Immigration, its something they do routinely.

okc
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disembark Carnival Cruise and migration in Cozumel Mexico

You couldn't have made a better choice than to stay in cozumel. enjoy I will be there on nov. 11th

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
997 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disembark Carnival Cruise and migration in Cozumel Mexico

Arriving to Cozumel via a cruise ship is a great way to bring really big items to the island that are too large or expensive to bring via a flight. We researched that years ago and were told by a Carnival rep that there was no weight restriction on what we could bring. As long as it fit in our stateroom they were fine with it.

You will have to declare items to customs so hang on to those receipts.

4. Re: Disembark Carnival Cruise and migration in Cozumel Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2013, 10:18