We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar upgrade?

Grand Rapids, Mi
Level Contributor
152 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar upgrade?

Anyone know how to confirm an upgrade with Iberostar? The only way I could find to book was standard room. Booked thru Apple with a good deal for room and airfare. The Iberostar says the only way to upgrade is, if it is available at checkin. Would really like to be able know If I can reserve ocean view or maybe a suite now. Trip is Feb. 9 thru 17.

ohio
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar upgrade?

I booked thru Apple also. I did not even see an upgrade oceanfront price or a suite mentioned. I did see a video of the suites with private pools for each 3 suite bulding on Iberastar forum.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar upgrade?

If you didn't see the option on Apple it probably means they didn't have any of those rooms left to sell. You could try calling Apple. Did you call Iberostar?

Grand Rapids, Mi
Level Contributor
152 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar upgrade?

Finally got a positive reply from iberostar direct. Will print and bring with me at check in. I dont get why they dont offer them as a room choice, even on their own website. I will have to check out that iberstar forum for the video. Thanks for the scoop on that one.

ohio
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar upgrade?

tversluys, What kind of price did they give you on the oceanfront rooms?

The suites look nice, but way too much for the two of us!

Grand Rapids, Mi
Level Contributor
152 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar upgrade?

takeme2Coz, The first response quoted $50.00 per day for ocean view/front rooms, $150.00 per day for Junior Suites, and $300.00 for Presidential Rooms. That was from rrppczm@iberostar.com.mx. That response indicated they would do the best they could to accommodate. The second request I sent to reservas.cozumel@iberostar.com.mx. They quoted $93.00 US dollars for a junior suite per day. It also indicated that there was availability and gave me confirmation that we could pay at check in.

I did not get a second quote on the ocean view/front or presidential. We were really interested in the junior suites. I run a golf course and banquet facility. Work 80 hours a week in the summer time. Both of us can only take the one week off. So we splurge when we can!! I would bet though that if you emailed the second address they would quote less than the $50.00 US dollars on what you are looking for. Good Luck!! My second response is printed and will be at the reception desk upon arrival!!!!

ohio
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar upgrade?

Thank you . I get a little nervous about upgrading at the resort. We did this at the Occidental Grand one time. We payed for the upgrade in full. When we were checking out they tried to charge us again! We had the reciept showing it was paid in full but they told us the reciept wasn't any good. It took 20 minutes to get checked out, finally they must have decided we were not going to pay again after I insisted on the manager being called. Miraculously the reciept became "good" when I got the manager involved.

I don't repeat that mistake!

Grand Rapids, Mi
Level Contributor
152 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar upgrade?

I get what your saying. For the most part everything is smooth while in Mexico. Sometimes though, you have to put your foot down. Normally in whatever circumstance they back down when they realize, you know what you are doing and talking about.

I still don't get why the Iberostar does not just offer all the room choices on their website. I did not even find out about those rooms on their website. I found them through my obsessive researching on other sites.

This is our first time to upgrade at the resort. We normally book suites at the onset of booking. I'm sure everything will be fine. OF COURSE!!! Speaking about being obsessive, I better get back to work!

ohio
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar upgrade?

It doesn't make sense that the upgrade isnt offered upfront! LOL I know about obsessing! This trip we are doing 2 resorts in 8 days. I havent been to either resort so I am obsessing about both. I have toured the Iberastar grounds and met some of the staff a few years ago, It was nice. We didn't see the rooms but liked the resort.

This is our second "countdown" since our last trip was cancelled the 18th of October when I ended up with emergency surgery the day before we were scheduled to leave! I can't wait to be back on Cozumel after 2 years!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,630 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar upgrade?

I heard the water view rooms were older / not as nice but cost more due t Oceanview

End of November I will let you know

PM me if you want an update

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,447 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar upgrade?

I don't know what the term "water view" implies but the fact is several rooms can see the water, some better than others. I never got to see the ones now sold as the high end rooms because at the time they were for the managers & their families. I know where they are and sort of saw some areas of the property they sit on through the fences around them (which are likely gone now). I have however stayed in the one building right on the beach, & in one of the 2 rooms facing the beach. I've also stayed in the building right behind it with a very nice ocean view from our porch. See the captions under the photos for more info.

https:/…IberostarSupplement