We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel food market/store

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel food market/store

Planning on 1 week stay with kitchenette. Does Cozumel have market/store you can recommend so that we can buy bread, cereal, fruit, etc. Plan on eating in for lunch and breakfast, outside resort for dinner. We are staying at El Cid La Ceiba Beach

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel food market/store

Mega is the popular choice. Others include Chedraui and San Francisco.

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel food market/store

If staying at a condo for a week I usually end up at both mega and chedraui at some point. One will usually be out of something I'm looking for or if I just need beer it's faster to get in/out of chedraui.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,412 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel food market/store

Good suggestions and you will also find an Oxxo convenience store near. I find many staple items, almost as cheap there as at the big supermarkets. Good for bread, eggs, cereal, etc., and also a good selection of beer with good prices.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel food market/store

Beer on sale at oxxo is always good

North America
Level Contributor
621 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel food market/store

Just a reminder - beer or alcohol are not sold at any OXXO stores located within proximity of a hospital or church.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,412 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel food market/store

The good thing is, that would not be a problem from where the OP is staying. I only had the problem one place I lived. Strange thing was, OXXXO couldn´t sell, but a store just across the street could.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
310 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel food market/store

And remember that booze sales stop at the markets at 3:00 on Sunday. Don't get caught without your stash on Sunday afternoon.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozumel food market/store

Also Mega and the Ched both take Visa & MC with modern terminals at checkout. They both also have ATM's