We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Secrets Aura - Opened December 15th - any reviews yet?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
New Secrets Aura - Opened December 15th - any reviews yet?

We are considering a trip in late February to New Secrets Aura. Would love to hear from someone that has stayed at the New Secrets Aura since it opened on December 15th. We have stayed at El Coz and although the resort is nice and beach is great for snorkeling... the food / drink were not good. We are looking for another All inclusive with great beach, food and drinks. We don't want to show up with the New Secrets still under construction or restaurants closed. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Secrets Aura - Opened December 15th - any reviews yet?

Just those under Aura Cozumel Grand and they haven't been good lately, hoping they greatly improve.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Secrets Aura - Opened December 15th - any reviews yet?

Thats what I have been noticing too... reviews not so good. I'm hoping new reviews will be posted soon with the resort changes and reopening under new "Secrets Aura" as of Dec.15th.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,101 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Secrets Aura - Opened December 15th - any reviews yet?

Well, it's only been two days...

Brantford Ontario
Level Contributor
713 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Secrets Aura - Opened December 15th - any reviews yet?

You may want to check/follow their facebook page too - I copied this from that page re the resort as it is as at today as per their econcierge -

Pools will be open daily. Five restaurants will be ready, but they close depending on the day. It doesn't matter if it's high or low season, restaurants have open hours. Please check them directly in front desk. The Swim up Bar, Manatee, is daily Open from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. There will be no construction during your stay. All the construction was made on low season (August - November). You will be one of the lucky guest to enjoy of the brand new facilities. Thanks for your comprehension. If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

Best regards.

Econcierge Eleazar.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Secrets Aura - Opened December 15th - any reviews yet?

That's not what the last 3 reviews have stated. Hope it turns out well for everybody.

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New Secrets Aura - Opened December 15th - any reviews yet?

I wouldn't go there. Just got back on the Dec. 12th and there was still major construction going on and only one restaurant open for Aura. There are restaurants open next door at Sabor but I would give them a 2 star rating at best. They lied to us before came and told us that the major construction would be done, not done. They told us all the restaurants would be open, 1 open - Havana Grill on the beach. They told us the would rotate the menus from the other restaurants, lied only one menu. I left after 3 days because of construction waking us up at 7am each day and ants in our "upgraded" room.

fort worth
Level Contributor
869 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Secrets Aura - Opened December 15th - any reviews yet?

Some people (large group) just got back from iberostar and were very impressed.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Secrets Aura - Opened December 15th - any reviews yet?

Don't believe everything you hear from emails, phone calls, management etc.etc. I hope it'll be ready by the time you get there. Please report back.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Secrets Aura - Opened December 15th - any reviews yet?

' All the construction was made on low season (August - November). '

This one of my complains when most resorts are too cheap to close during construction. So what if it low season, the people who are staying still paid for a relaxing vacation. Just because during low season you paying lower price, it does not mean that you have to endure construction noise and disturbance.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Secrets Aura - Opened December 15th - any reviews yet?

I agree...still, vacationers should research and know what's going on and stay somewhere else. If they paid...and went ...and hated it because of construction...that's their problem. Personally I'd wait at least a few months until I was CERTAIN the construction was done and that the kinks were worked out.