We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clock at airport

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mn.
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Clock at airport

Is the clock still clicking backwards to 12/21/12 at the airport, I know the mayans calender ends on 12/21/12;but dont you think some people get a wierd feeling looking at that clock.I hope they were wrong about the world ending on friday.I have a trip planned for 1/18/13 atthe Elcoz.

Tipton, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Clock at airport

It was still clicking Thursday....

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,618 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clock at airport

Lounger, if you have paid for El Coz and can transfer it to my name, I will buy it for 10 cents to the dollar what you paid.

Mn.
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clock at airport

Co Pilot I think I will keep the room in my name and take the chance,but thanks for the offer.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,618 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clock at airport

That is not surprising. I offered to take trips in place of others during the swine flu fiasco but no one bit. Have I mentioned my opinion that the US CDC really screwed up that travel advisory...which again in my opinion, really caused lots of financial hardship to the people of the region?

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clock at airport

The Mayans believe it's a new beginning - it's us that say it's the end of the world.

Here is an interesting read regarding the festival they are preparing for.

…msn.com/id/….UM9cHKwWeuJ

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,131 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clock at airport

It is a good read. Most Mayans I know are paying little attention to it. And unfortunately the ones benefiting most are the outsiders promoting various events.

I liked this quote, "In all the fervor, Mayas rely on an ancestral calm built of good humor, calmness and the fact that it's too hot to get all worked up about things." The Mayas get worked up about little.

Mn.
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clock at airport

Has the clock at the airport stopped?

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clock at airport

They tried to reset it.

When they entered the new end date, the computer asked, "Your entry is 5125 years, 364 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes from now. Is this correct?"

When the operator hit "enter", nothing happened.

Millersburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
425 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clock at airport

Co-Pilot-I agree with you on the over hype a few years ago. We had cases of the H1N1 in Ohio but my cruise couldn't stop in Cozumel. On a positive note, those same friends that were going to finally get to the east side of the island on that stop asked us to take them to stay instead. They will be joining us for a week in April and will undoubtedly help support the financial well being of the island.

Another thing that has hurt the downtown area from a cruise perspective is the bars and shops that are near the cruise pier. I can't imagine how all of the many, many shops in the downtown area will ever be like they were years ago.

Can't wait for our trip - eating out, snorkeling, margarita taste testing around the island, listening to live music, and relaxing!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clock at airport

Deb, the computer must have gone to the new world without us.