We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are you allowd to pick someone up with your car at airport

Mn.
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
are you allowd to pick someone up with your car at airport

Does the cab union let people pickup friends at the airport with there own car.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: are you allowd to pick someone up with your car at airport

Yes. If somebody tries to give you a problem just ignore them. At least we had friends pick us up and drop us off last summer.

Edited: 21 December 2012, 02:28
cozumel
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: are you allowd to pick someone up with your car at airport

I would not suggest trying to ignore military or federal police. I would suggest that you carry all your vehicle documents and your passport and "visa". No problem as long as your vehicle is in order.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,134 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: are you allowd to pick someone up with your car at airport

I suspect that froggie was referring to taxi union folks.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: are you allowd to pick someone up with your car at airport

I also think froglegs was talking about taxi union members but the advice Jerry gave is good. Not only may the taxi union challenge you, and you can just ignore them, the military and police may ask for documents. Be sure to have on hand all your documents.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
797 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: are you allowd to pick someone up with your car at airport

I have picked up and brought many friends to and from the airport hundreds of times in the last 5 years and I have never had any problem whatsoever.

My van has Ontario Plates from Canada.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: are you allowd to pick someone up with your car at airport

My friend often picks me up but since he is a guide and a member of the taxi union, he goes around telling all the drivers that he is picking up a friend. But like David, I have never had anyone question me when I picked up guests. Only hassle I ever got was at the Puerta Maya cruise pier and that from the taxi drivers.

Ruston, LA
Level Contributor
668 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: are you allowd to pick someone up with your car at airport

For at least eight years my wife and I have picked up and dropped off friends and family without the first issue. As Jerry said make sure your documents are in your vehicle just in case.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: are you allowd to pick someone up with your car at airport

Did you drive your van from Ont?

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
797 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: are you allowd to pick someone up with your car at airport

@Jimmyytravel... Yes, I drove my van from Ontario, then I returned to Ontario in my van and then returned back to Cozumel.

I have also taken long road trips with my van through Mexico, Belize and Guatemala.

10. Re: are you allowd to pick someone up with your car at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 December 2012, 21:35