We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone rent from margarita's (isis) sister?

Glens Falls, New...
Level Contributor
183 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
anyone rent from margarita's (isis) sister?

Margarita doesn't have a vehicle for the dates we need so she suggested her sister Martha. Anyone gone through her? We loved renting from Margarita but not sure about her sister as we don't know her.. ..

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone rent from margarita's (isis) sister?

Honestly, if Margarita recommended her to me, I'd go with her. I've rented from Margarita's nephew Edgar in Playa del Carmen several times and it's always worked out great.

Did Margarita name her sister's agency?

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone rent from margarita's (isis) sister?

Ditto Mark's judgement. Please share the contact info!

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone rent from margarita's (isis) sister?

I agree i trust margarita very much and if she recommended her- i would have no problem. I suggested to someone to ask margarita about recommending another rental agency. I didn't even know her sister ran one. That is great to know.

Glens Falls, New...
Level Contributor
183 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone rent from margarita's (isis) sister?

martha-sanchez23@hotmail.com . Liability included, cdw is $10 extra per day

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,053 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone rent from margarita's (isis) sister?

Margarita had told me she had a sister in the business but I never knew a name. As said, if Margarita recommends her, I would go wth her. If she gives you anything but great service, sister or not, she will have answer to Margarita.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone rent from margarita's (isis) sister?

"she will have answer to Margarita"

Margarita is a very nice person, but I've always had the sense that it would be better not to be on her bad side. She seems pretty matriarchal.

Earlier today I asked her about availability of a particular type of vehicle. She doesn't have it and can't get it, so she recommended 2 places that she thought would have it and named some others that would have the vehicle but that she recommended I avoid using. Not once was there a "you don't want that kind of vehicle" or any other self-serving stuff. I really would trust her recommendations.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,053 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone rent from margarita's (isis) sister?

I agree, Mark. Margarita is one of the warmest most hospitable island people I know but she is a well respected local business person and I think she is definitely in control. I intended my comment about "answering to Margarita" in a good way. I believe anyone she recommends will know what she expects of them. And as Mark said, she never does anything in a self serving way. I only heard her say something bad about a competitor and that was when I pressed her on the insurance issue. And even then, it was not a mean , harsh comment but only factual.

One of my best memories of her is one day I rented a car only to use for a couple of hours to move some things. The distance was short and I only made a couple of trips. Upon returning the car, she refused any payment , after checking the mileage and telling me, "you didnt use the car". Typical Margarita.

If recommended by Margarita, take her advice.

Edited: 29 December 2012, 11:57
8. Re: anyone rent from margarita's (isis) sister?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 December 2012, 16:35
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,053 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone rent from margarita's (isis) sister?

No one is acting like their is only ISIS. I am well aware of better vehicles but have always found hers to be reliable and excellent , honest service. I have been renting on the island for about 25 years while visiting and living in Cozumel. I have rented from many but now found ISIS.

Edited: 29 December 2012, 16:07
Chicago Illinois
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone rent from margarita's (isis) sister?

I feel as though when you rent form ISIS ,that you get more than a car ,with the customer service and the friendly atomsphere it goes a long way. There are other very nice car rental plces and some very nice people.i choose ISIS based on my own personnel expierence. My self and any other sheep who wander into the ISIS pasture are happy happy with what she has to offer.Whoever you rent from please do some research and make sure that you are happy with your rental company,whom ever it might be. Bahhh! Bahhh!

Happy New Year