We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring break time - for seniors from the UK

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chandler’s Ford...
Level Contributor
5 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Spring break time - for seniors from the UK

We are visiting Florida, short cruise, and back to Florida again

towards the end of March. We are two young minded seniors and two late twenties, 2 male 2 female travelling from the UK. My question is, we have now realised it is Spring break time and we were looking for a beach break on the day the cruise stops at Cozumel. Is it really mad there during this time? has anyone been to Mr Sanchos over Spring break, or any ideas about anything else. Would quite like all inclusive but don't want to have a Spring break vibe.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring break time - for seniors from the UK

Cozumel is not really much of a Spring Break destination. The partiers are in Cancun and Playa Del Carmen. Don't worry...you'll have a great time.

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring break time - for seniors from the UK

Hello, you will love Cozumel, I'm sure, and rest assured the spring breakers don't bother with it.

There are plenty of great beach clubs for the day. Don't book one throughout the cruise line, you'll get ripped off.

Cozumel is safe and very small. Look at a few of the beach clubs online, choose one and get a taxi there. The taxis will be by whichever pier you dock at.

Our favourite is Club Cozumel Caribe in the north but there are plenty of others, like Mr. Sanchos. Have fun, the weather will be better than back home!!!

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring break time - for seniors from the UK

You will find more of a spring break atmosphere on the cruise itself! Agree with Club Cozumel Caribe for a beach day. Nice small beach, palapas, decent snorkeling, pool, excellent food. Parasailing and jet skiing available also.

cozumel
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring break time - for seniors from the UK

University Spring Breaks are mostly over by the end of the third week in March. Families with children under 18 will be traveling as State funded schools typically have a week off for Easter vacation (Easter is March 31st 2013). Cruise ships in the Caribbean tend to have the "party Spring Break mentality" year round. If you can suffer through the madness of Florida and the cruise, the island should be a quiet relief.

All inclusive? Their "value" is often in excessive, drink all you can alcohol consumption.

Chandler’s Ford...
Level Contributor
5 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring break time - for seniors from the UK

I love Trip Advisor, many thanks to everyone for all the fantastic info, just what I wanted, I can't wait to go now.

6. Re: Spring break time - for seniors from the UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2014, 10:17