We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2nd Annual Tip the Island-Carnaval Beach Party/Beach Clean

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
2nd Annual Tip the Island-Carnaval Beach Party/Beach Clean

It's just about that time again folks, Tip the Island time, beach party and beach clean up! Event is scheduled for Monday, February 11th, 11am at Playa San Martin (across from El Diablo on the east side). I do have the Bar Hop bus reserved and will need to start taking reservations for that...if you so desire. Roughly $20-$25 per person depending on how many peeps would like to utilize it.

Please bring heavy duty trash bags to pick up one, two, three + bags of trash while you're there. This will add to the Trashy Little Group's count for the year. Outstanding work by Kathy Watts and all who volunteer their time!

Here is the facebook link to the event, if you are on facebook, please use this...if not, please RSVP for the barhop bus on TA.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/events/218514964946914/

Pack your cooler, bring your beach games, trash bags and get ready for a great time meeting and greeting fellow CZM island lovers! Carnaval!!!

Edited: 31 December 2012, 02:09
Minnesota
Level Contributor
495 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2nd Annual Tip the Island-Carnaval Beach Party/Beach Clean

Wish we could make it :(. We'll be sitting in the airport looking forlornly out the window waiting to board our flight home.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,775 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2nd Annual Tip the Island-Carnaval Beach Party/Beach Clean

We'll be there. Looking forward to it. Last year's TTI was a lot of fun and we saw a lot of fellow TA'ers there.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2nd Annual Tip the Island-Carnaval Beach Party/Beach Clean

See you there, but we'll drive our own car!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2nd Annual Tip the Island-Carnaval Beach Party/Beach Clean

Hope to be there, but we'll have our own car, too.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2nd Annual Tip the Island-Carnaval Beach Party/Beach Clean

We will definitely be there again. Have our own car as well We have bar hopped (too) many times ja ja and just want beach time!

cozumel
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2nd Annual Tip the Island-Carnaval Beach Party/Beach Clean

A shame you'll miss the numerous dance troupe street performances in and around the downtown. Monday is the best day for these as they don't need to conserve energy for the parades.Great photo opportunities and a chance to see a part of Carnaval with locals as it used to be. Personally I consider them better than the parades which you can avoid the crush and watch on local TV.

Monday is certainly the best day to see the kid performances.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2nd Annual Tip the Island-Carnaval Beach Party/Beach Clean

We see the dance troupes frequently during Carnival. They stopped right in front of our neighbors house last year. Lots of fun to watch.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2nd Annual Tip the Island-Carnaval Beach Party/Beach Clean

Last year was a lot of fun and it was great putting a lot of faces with names. Unfortunately we don't arrive until Tuesday this year. One day of Carnival is better than none I guess.

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2nd Annual Tip the Island-Carnaval Beach Party/Beach Clean

JerryAK-we saw the kiddos at Casa del Mar last Carnaval and they were great! One little sweetie pulled me out to dance with her. I don't remember what day that was but TTI was the same day (Monday) for the first annual.

zman-just glad you two will be there!

Links-you two too :)

cozbill and Queenee - ur on the list! I like to have a little idea of who is coming, bus or not - thanks!

emma&jacksmom-we will wave to you, sorry you can't make it but I hope you have a wonderful trip, and I know you will

mslf500-say yes on the FB event page por favor, can't wait to see you two again!

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2nd Annual Tip the Island-Carnaval Beach Party/Beach Clean

Hmmm- wonder if I could convince my man to take another trip? We were just there in September but it seems like so long ago.