We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dumb ?...How to bring lunch on fishing charter while @ AI ?

WI
Level Contributor
148 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Dumb ?...How to bring lunch on fishing charter while @ AI ?

This will be our first time at an All inclusive where we will be taking a fishing charter- 6 hours (with two children). Since we are staying at an all inclusive (Cozumel Palace) we won't really have groceries to make a lunch....and after hauling in all of those fish, I know we will be hungry :-)

Wonder if the hotel will have lunches to go, or if we should stop somewhere to buy some snacks? I know this sounds like a dumb question- sorry! Think my brain is still tired from the holidays.

colorado
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dumb ?...How to bring lunch on fishing charter while @ AI ?

Most places will make you a box/sack lunch. A place as nice as the Palace, I'm sure they will.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dumb ?...How to bring lunch on fishing charter while @ AI ?

Ask them to make you a lunch to go. If that does not work, you have a supermarket right across the street.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dumb ?...How to bring lunch on fishing charter while @ AI ?

Does the six hour fishing charter not provide snacks and refreshments?

WI
Level Contributor
148 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dumb ?...How to bring lunch on fishing charter while @ AI ?

I don't know if the charter provides snacks, but will for sure ask. I thought it said drinks, but I will double check. I will ask the hotel to make up boxed lunches and see what they say :-) I am glad to know there is a grocery store across the street. We have not been there in a looooong time, it was Plaza las Glorias when we visited last. (and we were not traveling with kids)

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dumb ?...How to bring lunch on fishing charter while @ AI ?

The place across the street is called Chedraui and it is more like a Walmart as far as having more than just groceries. It and Mega a few blocks north are worth walking through just to see what they offer.

WI
Level Contributor
148 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dumb ?...How to bring lunch on fishing charter while @ AI ?

Thank you.

I am so excited to revisit Cozumel. Last time we were there, I was in grad school and dealing with some kinda difficult people.....but after meeting the absolutely wonderful people from the area my faith in humankind was restored :-) And very happy to share the experience with my daughters, who lucky for us love to snorkel and fish- they would much rather be in the water with fish than at a disney park.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
919 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dumb ?...How to bring lunch on fishing charter while @ AI ?

Most will cook the fish you caught for lunch and provide snacks. Check with the fishing charter you selected!

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dumb ?...How to bring lunch on fishing charter while @ AI ?

I have ordered club sandwiches along with juice boxes and sodas from room service the night before at Moon Palace and Playacar Palace. Just bring some zip locks to stuff them in and leave in your mini bar till morning. Moon Palace did put them in boxes but were way too bulkie for the boat. Don't forget to bring extra for the crew.

WI
Level Contributor
148 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dumb ?...How to bring lunch on fishing charter while @ AI ?

Aha, I will for sure pack ziplock bags.....thanks for the advice on bringing extra for the crew! We will be fishing with 3 Hermanas. Oscar has been a real gem so far via email. Not sure if he will be the captain or not, but so far communication has been great.

Appreciate your input- trip advisor is the best!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dumb ?...How to bring lunch on fishing charter while @ AI ?

i know for a fact that the palace chefs will cook your catch for you..i know this doesn't solve the lunch issue but it may solve the dinner issue:-)