We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for swimup suite or jaccuzi on balcony ”

Montreal
6 posts
Save Topic
Looking for swimup suite or jaccuzi on balcony ”

We are looking for a all inclusive 5 star minimum hotel with real swimup suite or jaccuzi on balcony (or both..) room.. we went to cozumel on a cruise but never in a all inclusive

Anyone have any suggestion of room and hotels?

Thank you!

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for swimup suite or jaccuzi on balcony ”

Cozumel Palace is AI and has in-room jacuzzi tubs between the bedroom & living areas in most of their suites -- in other words, jacuzzi with ocean view. Its larger (2-level) suites have jacuzzi on private ground-floor patios.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for swimup suite or jaccuzi on balcony ”

I don't know about swim up or jacuzzi but you are going to be very disappointed unless you book El Presidente (non-AI) or Cozumel Palace...and maybe even then you might be sorry. Cozumel is Cozumel and 5 star/extremely high end resorts are not there. We like it.

Bridgeport, Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for swimup suite or jaccuzi on balcony ”

Another vote for the Palace. Have stayed there many times. Great food and drink. Love the jacuzzi in the room. Only place I like better is El Catil Condos next door.

oz
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for swimup suite or jaccuzi on balcony ”

El cantil has jacuzzi on balcony but are not AI. Arura or whatever its called now has swim up suites , not sure about the 5 star. You might be better off on the mainland .

ohio
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for swimup suite or jaccuzi on balcony ”

I dont know of any in Cozumel, but I know of one in The Riviera Maya.

I love Cozumel, but the resorts just dont fit the bill for me anymore.

Edited: 09 January 2013, 12:07
Denver
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for swimup suite or jaccuzi on balcony ”

While probably not considered "5 star minimum", Playa Azul is a nice hotel that offers a master suite with a jacuzzi on the balcony.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
921 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for swimup suite or jaccuzi on balcony ”

Playa Azul, a 50 room "boutique" hotel in the north zone has king suites with a jacuzzi on the ocean front balcony. They offer an all inclusive package, but if you are looking for the likes of a Sandals or a Couples brand resort, you won't find that in Cozumel at all. However, having frequented both brands my self in the past, I will never return to Sandal's and liked Playa Azul much better for the ocean view rooms, personal service, food quality and size of the property (small and quaint). Plus Cozumel, overall, has much more to offer on the island in terms of beautiful vistas, dining, shopping, gratitude from locals, cleanliness, ease of transport, than most other places in the Caribbean - for the price.

8. Re: Looking for swimup suite or jaccuzi on balcony ”

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 05:19