We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelor Party in Cozumel -- Good idea or Not?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
2 posts
Save Topic
Bachelor Party in Cozumel -- Good idea or Not?

Hi and thanks in advance for any responses!

I'm planning a bachelor party of 6 guys and we're considering Cozumel as a destination. I wanted to get input regarding if Cozumel is a decent location for a bachelor party and looking for suggestions on an affordable resort for around $1k per person in mid-march (thinking Tues-Sat to save a few bucks on airfare). We'll likely be doing some drinking so we are in search of an all-inclusive resort and a decent crowd of younger folks (we're all 28-32). Not exactly looking for that young college spring break crowd, but also not a place where we'd find only couples or families.

Any suggestions are much appreciated. Also, I know Cancun may be a better idea, but we did it for a bachelor party for one of the guys coming on this trip a few years ago and want to find something different. Other destination suggestions in Mexico are also appreciated. We're flying from New York.

Thanks!

-Mike

Edited: 07 January 2013, 05:35
Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelor Party in Cozumel -- Good idea or Not?

You would probably be better off staying in playa del Carmen. I have heard there is good nightlife in cozumel but every time I have been by the clubs they were dead. Fwiw the one time we went all inclusive in cozumel there were few singles there.

Edited: 07 January 2013, 05:40
okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelor Party in Cozumel -- Good idea or Not?

You all could just go diving. Not much party life. You can always make your own. I would definately plan on getting to town-their are some clubs and stuff that have live music and such. The resorts i stay at are ususally full of divers and we all turn in early. If all you want is to party go to playa

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,114 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelor Party in Cozumel -- Good idea or Not?

Another vote for Playa. If you go to Coz, you'd probably want something in/close to town...but you're going to find families everywhere, especially in March Break season. Remember that you're dealing with Canadian schools as well as American; my kids are off from March 8-15.

The Aura is the only adults only AI, and it's a ways from town. Also seems a bit romantical etc. so may not be the best setting for a bachelor party.

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bachelor Party in Cozumel -- Good idea or Not?

Much as I love Cozumel, I would go to Playa for your batchelor party. I think that has more of the atmosphere you are looking for.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,510 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bachelor Party in Cozumel -- Good idea or Not?

I totally agree with the other posters. Closer to PDC would be better.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,023 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bachelor Party in Cozumel -- Good idea or Not?

How many votes for Playa do you want?? :-)

The Cozumel Palace is a nice AI (the niecest in my opinion) and is walkable to town. I don't know anything about their "night life" but there are some discos / clubs in town that stay open late as well as the usual suspects, Carlos n Charlies, Senor Frogs etc.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,699 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bachelor Party in Cozumel -- Good idea or Not?

Playa del Carmen.

Airfare may be cheaper to the Cancun airport versus Cozumel airport.

Is $1000 per dude (hotel only) with one guy in a room or more?

Include that with your post in the PDC forum.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
156 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bachelor Party in Cozumel -- Good idea or Not?

Cancun or Playa for MUCH better party atmosphere and possibilities of more people both male and female looking to party. If however you want it a little more relaxed or are more into scuba siving or snorkeling then Coz would be fine.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bachelor Party in Cozumel -- Good idea or Not?

Playa is the place for sure. Many more options, cheaper flights, easier connections, more party. Have fun and congrats!

fort worth
Level Contributor
920 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bachelor Party in Cozumel -- Good idea or Not?

PDC or y'all will be bored.