We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping

West Bend, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
176 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
shopping

Where is the best/cheapest place to buy things to take back home??? I have been on a cruise so I have been shopping there but would like cheaper prices

Mercado Municipal
Flea & Street Markets
Puerta Maya
Shopping Malls
Galo Art Studio
Art Galleries, Art Museums
Plaza Confetti
Flea & Street Markets
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
319 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping

if they know you are from a cruise ship the prices tend to escalate. st maarten is the same unfortunately.

the less busy shops off the main road may be a better place to start

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping

I do much of my shopping at Mega. Great place for vanilla, spices, anything food related.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping

Go to side streets around (and blocks back behind) the plaza. The farther you go the cheaper the prices, the less English is spoken and you know your money is going in a local pocket.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping

Cinco Soles has good prices and a great variety

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
299 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping

Wife always brings back some retin-A for herself and I do for my sisters. Vanila also. Both from Mega.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shopping

Shopping for what "things"?

The lowest prices tend to be at small, out-of-the way shops that specialize in one area (there are, for example, plastic-ware shops, aluminum shops, plastic bag shops, etc.). They tend to be on 30a Ave., 65a Ave., Benito Juarez and around the Mercado Municipal on Rosado Salas and 25a Ave.

Unless you're willing to spend a significant amount of time getting to and from these places (and have your own transport), it may not be worth it.

"Best" and "cheapest" may not be synonymous. Los Cinco Soles is popular not because of their prices (which I do think are quite reasonable for what they sell) but because of the quality of what they offer.

West Bend, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
176 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shopping

Thanks these are all helpful ideas I know vanilla is a must and guess ill see what other crafts we can find

8. Re: shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:17