We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel Palace Room Upgrades in June

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel Palace Room Upgrades in June

Hello!

My new husband I are going for our honeymoon this summer June 9-14th.

Our plan was to get the City View room and then upgrade to either the Concierge or the Ocean-View Room. Has anyone stayed at the CP during this time of year and upgraded?

Thanks much in advance!!! Also, any other advice about the Palace is much appreciated!

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrades in June

its busy that time of year , if there is not another room you will be stuck in the city view room. Better to pay for jr suite , then when you get there upgrade to concierge with the palace bucks if there is a room available.

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
937 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrades in June

Check out some of my posts concerning the Palace

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrades in June

stephy, if your truly counting on that awesome view you should go ahead and book the jr. sweet IF it is financially acceptable to you. i for one, would never allow that to slip away via chance or luck. also, in the reviews everyone who upgraded from city view to ocean view was given a room om the second floor only with a huge patio/walkway right in front of their room. myself,if i was going there 2 or 3 times per year maybe i would give it a shot but not for the first time or once a year or two years

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrades in June

Thanks much for the suggestions!

I am going to fiddle with the finances and see if we can swing the upgrade. We may have to make the choice between going swimming with the Whale Sharks or booking the Ocean View. Maybe next time we come we can do a city-view and then go swimming with the Whale Sharks. I really don't know if we are going to want to make the 14-hour trip to swim the the sharks anyway, so maybe that is where we can take the money from!

Thanks much!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrades in June

tough choice girl!! go with your instincts

Richmond
Level Contributor
30 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrades in June

Hi Stephanie-

We were in Coz July of last year. One of the things we were really looking forward to was swimming with the whale sharks. Didn't work out the way we planned. While we can laugh about it now, it was a horrible experience at the time. We did not see any whale sharks. It was a gruelling trip. Seas were high. Boat was small. It was VERY hard on the tail bone. That being said, if we had found them, I think it would have been worth it. I would just suggest that you give serious consideration before you give up an entire day. As I said, we laugh about it now and it makes a great story. But I wish I had done something else with my day.

Ontario
Level Contributor
58 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrades in June

When I went in November, I booked a City view and easily upgraded to Ocean view upon arrival. Concierge wasn`t available as they were all booked. There are only 6 city view rooms, 22 concierge I think and almost all the rest are ocean view with the exception of the loft rooms.

8. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrades in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 05:16