We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Chedraui snack

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
362 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Chedraui snack

The last time I went to the Riviera Maya I had tried a few snacks from the store (some cheezie type things) and they were god awful lol. What's your favorite mexican snack?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,067 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Chedraui snack

I don´t have a Chedraui snack because I don´t often go to Chedraui. I prefer Mega and like to enjoy a coffee in their coffee bar area and also enjoy the little basket of bakery items they give you with the coffee Or, at times, pick up something in the adjacent bakery to enjoy with my coffee. My shopping trips can take much time, ha ha.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Chedraui snack

Waiting on Mapchicks Map to see where the Mega is located. Will definately check out your recommendation since I too love a good coffee and sweet in the morning during a stroll :)

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Chedraui snack

Churros

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,067 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Chedraui snack

It is a nice place for a break, Pupplove. But, it can take me much time to buy my groceries since it often turns into a long break. Its also a good indoor people watching spot and free wifi, if thats of interest.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
924 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Chedraui snack

I like the bakery area ay Mega much more than Chedraui. The make a great cinnamon coffe cake that we always look for and sometimes find. Mega is located just a bock or 2 closer to the square on Melgar.

Another great choice for snacks is Rock n Java on the other side of the street. Great coffee and pastries, cakes etc.

Edited: 20 January 2013, 17:11
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Chedraui snack

Good to know free wifi :) Mega seems to be the way to go.I like some crunchy snacks to take back for late night snacking (after too many Margaritias lol)

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,411 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite Chedraui snack

I love the potato chips, the queso ones (we can't get them up here) and the spicy Cheezies.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,411 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite Chedraui snack

Wait, maybe they're Cheetos? The crunchy ones anyway. Torditos or tordecitos(?) is the flavour.

Edited: 20 January 2013, 20:27
Monument, Colorado
Level Contributor
894 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite Chedraui snack

Pupplove- Why not look around at the small "mom and pop" stores on just abotu every block and purchase small bags of various chips and crunchy snacks. You may find some you like and you could then buy in larger bags at MEGA.

My personal favorite snacks are fresh Bananas or Apple yogurt. Both are cheap too.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,067 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite Chedraui snack

¨I like the bakery area at Mega much more than Chedraui.¨

Same for me. And at Chedraui, I can never been out of my head that the bakery has been closed a couple of times by the health department. As far as I know, no such problems at Mega.

You will find a wide variety of Sabritas (as most Mexicans call the chips) at little stores everywhere. Its the favorite Mexican snack.