We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
72 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling

Hi all! We are in Cozumel now and would like to go snorkeling with a gentleman that took us out a few years ago, but can't remember his name or the name of the little lobster/ bar place where we met up with him:( we found out about him from this forum, but I am unable to find the post now. We contacted him through a little lobster/ bar place on the beach on the southern part of the island - maybe Alberto's???? Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any information(phone numbers, etc) would be very much appreciated. That guy was the best snorkel guide, ever ! He just had a small boat and we had to meet him at that restaurant because he wasn't allowed to pick us up on any docks, if that helps! Thanks! Btw.... Gorgeous in Coz:)

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling

Was it tiger at the money bar?

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling

If it was i think you can just go there.

3. Re: Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 January 2013, 15:05
Montrose Colorado
Level Contributor
300 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling

sounds like Albertos to me. There was a guy named Chala (I think) who was doing the snorkeling tours. It was a half day and 3 reefs, around $40 in price. Thought about doing that one when we were there in March last year but ended up doing the Playa Palancar snorkeling tour instead. Hope you find the mystery man LOL

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling

My bad from what i hear you would remember tiger-lol you might check out his facebook page i hear he's a blast.

Edited: 21 January 2013, 19:08
Indiana
Level Contributor
72 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling

Tequilaczm- I think you are right......thank you! Yay! I wonder if he still does it- will def check it out:):):) may have to check out this Tiger character as well! Thanks everyone!

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
156 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkeling

That more than linely would have been Chala at Albertos. Very fun trip in a glass bottom boat, has a pet barracuda and is pretty good at finding eels, and other sea life. That was one time we saw a few sea turtles while snorkeling. Very friendly guy and a fun trip for sure.

minnesota
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkeling

I am quite certain you mean Chala at Albertos beach bar between Iberostar and the occidental Grand hotels. We did 2 trips with him in 2012 and had a great time.

If you go to Alberto's they will help you get set up with him.

Tell him Hello from Chalas sweeties, hope to see him again in March!

I posted a review under Alberto's Beach......

“Fantastic snorkeling with Chala / Fun at Alberto's !!”

Reviewed March 10, 2012

9. Re: Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 07:18