We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money bar snorkeling

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheboygan Wisconsin
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Money bar snorkeling

We are staying at fiesta Americana and want to get snorkeling gear. I think we can get it at the money bar. How much does it cost for how long? Do they have weekly rentals? Thanks

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money bar snorkeling

They do rent snorkel gear. Email them at info@moneybarbeachclub.com with your question about renting for a week.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Money bar snorkeling

I've seen the equipment - not that great

You can buy new gear cheaper

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money bar snorkeling

Do yourself a big favor, and take your own. There is some fairly decent snorkeling right in front of the Fiesta, as well. If you're planning on snorkeling much at all, you'll be happy you have your own, well fitting, gear.

michigan
Level Contributor
491 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money bar snorkeling

for sure get your own, we got ours here,

www.swimoutlet.com/snorkel_sets_s/1020.htm

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Money bar snorkeling

We bought ours at Academy...not totally high end but it works fine.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Money bar snorkeling

I'd bring at least your own mask and snorkel. You should try the mask on for good fit and I'd buy a good ultra dry snorkel(one that has a shut off valve on top so water won't enter) also I like a mask and snorkel with purge valves, with them you can blow out the little bit of water that seeps into either one. What I've seen for rental is junk. Maybe renting fins would be okay, but again if you are getting equipment I'd get it all.

The Money Bar is the old Dhzu Ha. It was really great off the beach snorkeling before Wilma, Wilma really wiped out the coral right there. We still go there to snorkel we swim north for probably about 200 yards and you'll get into some good coral formations that continue for as far as you want to go. Just stay close into shore. On occasion we'll head straight out, again about 100 yards off shore you'll come to a steep drop off. Once in a while we've seem imperial rays out there.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
197 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Money bar snorkeling

On our last visit we walked a little north of the Money Bar, did a shore entry and snorkeled all the way down to Fiesta Americana. There is a sunken pier half way between the Money Bar and Fiesta Americana that has a lot of life around it. Also took a mesh bag to carry our stuff, then threw our sandals in it while snorkeling. If you get tired and decide to get out you will have sandals with you to walk back!

Chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Money bar snorkeling

Can you please recomend a good mask for women than is not leak. Don't know which one to buy

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Money bar snorkeling

Everyones face is different-that is why i have to try on before i buy. The test i was taught was hold mask to your face and suck in thru your nose it should be able to hold it. -

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Money bar snorkeling

Yep you're right. That's why it's not such a good idea to buy online...if you're a newbie. Go to a store and try a few. It's easy. Be sure to at least have water shoes if you don't use fins. Please be mindul of not stepping on coral etc.