We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel cruise early March

Idabel, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel cruise early March

Hello!

We( me & hubby) are going on our first cruise together this March, through Carnival. The cruise stops one day in Cozumel.

This will be my first trip out of the USA.

Ive looked through many of the forums, just browsing through all the interesting information :)

ANY tips about Cozumel would be welcome :)

We are interested in historical sites, shopping ( jewelry maybe ?) & I'm assuming there is a nearby beach (lol ;) )

What weather like in early March?

Are there any books or guides regarding Cozumel, whether online or store?

This is my first post on this forum, & I'm loving this site!

I'm extremely excited about our trip, it is also on my 26th bday!

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel cruise early March

Well just having one day i would say don't try to fit everything in and just relax. Shopping is very easy and i would do it at the end of the trip. There are many places around your cruise ship pier but just venture a little ways out for the much better deals. Avoid the cruise pier shops. Don't buy expensive jewelry. Next i would decide between a beach and the ruins. Take a cab to either one then get back to pier with a coupler hours left to shop.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
885 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel cruise early March

You might also be interested in this site, it is the sister site for Trip Advisor but for cruises

boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
1,257 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel cruise early March

One day off the cruise ship to see Cozumel, I suggest a day at the beach to relax snorkel and enjoy Cozumel's beautiful beach side. Go to Mr Sancho's for the All Inclusive beach for the day. You will eat and drink all day at a beautiful beach club with hammocks, shopping, pool, bar and options for horseback, massage and ATV tour. Book online and hail a cab when you dock. If you want to come back to the port about 45 minutes early you can shop the port area that has plenty of souvenir shops.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel cruise early March

Happy Birthday! If you go to the ruins...do that first before it gets too hot and take water and bug spray. Then go to a beach and snorkel. Shop for jewelry at Los Cinco Sols just north of town.

Idabel, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel cruise early March

Thank you all so much!

WOW lots if stuff to do !

I hope we enjoy our one day :)

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel cruise early March

Just don't be rushed is my main thing- relax and enjoy

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel cruise early March

On our cruises, after days looking at the ocean & never being able to get in, I like to go to a beach to really enjoy the ocean & we like to dive or snorkel.

So definitely do something that gets you into the water.

Idabel, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozumel cruise early March

Thank you all so much!

We are excited!

I hope the weather is nice, since it's my first time ever out of the USA, ( plus my first time on a cruise, (never even been on a plane or train either)

I'm not much of a water person ( I do not like going under water, but I do enjoy water up to my waist depth & the beach) ( we thought about submarine since that's the only way I would go under water lol)

I've never been snorkeling or diving either.

BUT who knows I may get into that someday... I know hubby would enjoy those things.

But I do enjoy some water, walking, scenery, history, shopping, animals etc etc

Sounds like Cozumel is alot of fun:)

I can't wait till my birthday in March!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
96 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cozumel cruise early March

Don't forget sunscreen, too. Not only is it crazy expensive in MX, one of the worst burns I've ever gotten in Cozumel was in March. Easy to forget just how intense the rays are. It should be perfect weather that time of year - hope you have a fabulous trip!

Idabel, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cozumel cruise early March

Oh yes def sunscreen! Thanks for reminding me!!!