We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What can we expect upon arrival at the airport?

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
492 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
What can we expect upon arrival at the airport?

Are the lines as long as Cancun? Thanks,

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,512 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What can we expect upon arrival at the airport?

They will be what they are when you get there. I have had shorter processing at CUN than CZM.

Edited: 27 January 2013, 19:02
nebraska
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What can we expect upon arrival at the airport?

I think it depends on the time and the day of your arrival, it seems like most flights get there between 1PM and 230PM on Saturday. That is usually the busiest time, it will probably take an hour.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What can we expect upon arrival at the airport?

I have gotten thru in an hour and gotten thru in 2hrs. Nothing you can do about it. Don't complain like the other 50% of the people. You will be in paradise shortly. You go through immigration then get your bags and go thru customs . enjoy

Millersburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
466 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What can we expect upon arrival at the airport?

Keep smiling and once you are through customs, ignore the time share people that bombard you as you exit the building. If you don't have other arrangements for transportation, purchase your tickets for the shared vans that will take you to where you are staying.

I can't remember if the tickets for the rides are inside or outside the building as the last few times there, we walked off the airport property and got a taxi. Others on this board may know more about this.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,512 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What can we expect upon arrival at the airport?

Van tickets are covered in the Top Questions section to the right

MI
Level Contributor
630 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What can we expect upon arrival at the airport?

We went earlier this month. It took less than 15 minutes to get through customs even tho there was only one agent working. It would have been less if the people in front of us had the right papers for their dogs.

In the last few years it had taken at least an hour, sometimes longer. This time, we were the only plane coming in at that time. You never know.

A plus was that no time-share people approached us. Last year a guy yelled at me when I tried to get past him. I guess we were just blessed this year. :) We had a great week.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What can we expect upon arrival at the airport?

All depends on how many planes land at the same time as your's.....if your group is the first one in the door or the last....how much luggage has to be loaded onto waiting planes before you're can be unloaded. Lots of variables. Wear cool clothes and comfy shoes and go with the flow.

One thing I alway notice in the baggage claims area.....people will not pull bags off the belt. They stand around and wait and wait for "their" bags to show up. Once the belt is full, the guys outside just stand around waiting for an empty space on which to load more.

If you will pull bags off and just leave them sit at the side of the belt, all the luggage will show up much faster.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,119 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What can we expect upon arrival at the airport?

Good , helpful advice from some here . I has usually been much faster for me than in Cancun. And , to me, just a nicer , more relaxing experience.

To answer the Debs question about buying tickets for the shared van service, you do that at the ticket window on the inside of the terminal and then go outside to be directed to your van. Usually, not a long wait.

9. Re: What can we expect upon arrival at the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 January 2013, 23:04
maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What can we expect upon arrival at the airport?

Hi all.. We are flying with Mayair and we go thru customs in Cun so shouldn't the airport in Coz go quickly? I never did this before so I would think we can just breeze thru?