We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colectivo or bus to Mescalitos

Edmonton
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Colectivo or bus to Mescalitos

Does anyone know if this is still running? Found one mention of it on Ric's site, but nothing else. Would love a cheap way from town to a hamaca on the beach!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
262 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colectivo or bus to Mescalitos

I do not know of public transportation to the east side,but even if there is..... take caution. The problem I have seen too frequently is cruisers stranded on the east side with only a few minutes before their ship was leaving. No matter how you choose to get there, have a contingency plan if you are on a strict time table

Edmonton
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colectivo or bus to Mescalitos

I have 2 weeks to get back, and have no objection to sleeping in a hammock overnight!

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colectivo or bus to Mescalitos

There is not one...it's cab or car rental.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colectivo or bus to Mescalitos

Shoot Ric an email and ask for details/verification. I think there is a bus that runs straight across the transversal, but only on Sundays.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colectivo or bus to Mescalitos

This is the current colectivo info according to Ric at EverythingCozumel.com:

The collectivos and buses that go to the east side of the island leave from Chedraui on Saturdays and Sundays only, from 10AM to 7PM. The collectivos leave whenever they have a full load ready to go. It costs 15 pesos each way. OR you can contract your own collectivo for a fixed price of 300 pesos (round trip) for up to 10 passengers. They drop you off and then come back to pick you up at a mutually-agreed-upon time. The phone number to contract a collectivo is 987-101-5000. Ask for Elber Canto.

The big buses run to the east side on Saturday and Sunday whenever they have at least 15 passengers loaded and ready to go. The cost is 15 pesos each way.

Both the buses and collectivos stop at Chen Rio and Playa San Martin, but if you ask nicely, they would probably let you off at Mezcalitos.

Mentioned in this post
Chedraui
Chedraui
42 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Chen Rio
Chen Rio
269 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
6. Re: Colectivo or bus to Mescalitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2014, 06:17